Swift Talk Forums HERE

Conqueror leveller and wheel size

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Conqueror leveller and wheel size

Postby Roy Handforth » March 6th, 2009, 5:41 pm

First post so I hope someone can help. I have a 1991 conqueror which I dont tow anymore.It is now on a permanent site which is on a side to side slope.
I have problems moving it around cos I dont have a towbar and its too heavy to manhandle.I want to level it side to side and saw a Bulldog leveller which would seem ideal for the purpose.
However it states it is suitable for single axle only.Spoke with caravan club who say one should be ok I really dont want to buy two and even then not sure if two will fit round the wheels.
Also two sizes of leveller depending on the wheel size. Does anyone have info about wheel size on 1991 conqueror please.
This is secondary question but my van is 200 miles away I think they are 12".Any info I would be thankful
Roy Handforth

Re: Conqueror leveller and wheel size

Postby Giles » March 16th, 2009, 4:02 pm

Wheel size is 13 inches (tyres 155 SR X 13). Two bulldog levellers would be a tight fit. Get someone with a towbar to move it around for you. You could always dig a hole on the high side and let the wheels down into it.
Giles
Members

Return to Technical