Swift Talk Forums HERE

Thetford C2

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Thetford C2

Postby Baldogle » March 19th, 2009, 10:22 am

After wintering, the electric flush is inoperative. A volts drop is apparent when flush button is pressed, suggesting that the pump is stuck. Manuals seem to be a bit `iffy` on the subject, and seem to show that the pump is accessible only when the bowl is removed. Any help better than `hit it with a hammer` would be appreciated. By-the-way, 1997 Conquerer 550 is the beast!. :roll:
Baldogle
Members

Re: Thetford C2

Postby charles » March 19th, 2009, 12:36 pm

We had the same problem a few years ago. Seem to remember that I gained access to the pump by lifting out the toilet roll holder.
charles
Members

Postby Baldogle » March 24th, 2009, 10:48 am

Spot on charles (Prince among men lol) access via removal of the toilet roll holder was achieved, but removal seems to be from the base, downwards. It looks like a complete removal of the bowl unit and back to the shed with it. No hammers were used in this process! :D Thanks again for your input.

Edit:- After searching the files at Thetford-Europe I found what I had missed before,- the complete instruction for pump change. Now I`ve removed years of scum from the tank, there is a retaining scew that releases the pump complete. Now it leaves just a raid on the wife`s purse and all should be squirting again.
Baldogle
Members

Postby Baldogle » April 13th, 2009, 8:55 pm

Just to tie up any loose ends, new pump from GWcaravans (thank you) changed with minimum difficulty. Cheap connectors issued by OEM, used solder instead. Nobody mentioned the FUSE hidden next to the switch.hidden until a stolen vanity mirror was introduced and there it was. in a dead condition, which caused much head scratching until a new 3amp blade type was fitted and all is well. Toilet fit for a Queen-- now the heater has just died !!!!!! :lol:
Baldogle
Members

Return to Technical