Swift Talk Forums HERE

New owner with a question

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

New owner with a question

Postby The Gamekeeper » March 22nd, 2009, 8:39 pm

Hi Folks,

I have eventually picked up my new (used) caravan from a well known dealer just off the A1 in North Yorkshire - complete fiasco from start to finish.

Anyway, back to the question, my caravan has an onboard water tank. I've searched the forum but not found anything solid yet.
I've noticed that the feed to the tank has an inline valve, now, I assume (rightly or wrongly) that by closing this valve I should be able to draw water straight to the water heater from the aqua roll & then onto the outlets. Is this correct?

Also, regarding the onboard tank - how the h3ll do you drain it? The manual says - "Remove hose, feed through holes in chassis then open drain tap" I've been underneath & can find no hose or tap, only a drain for everything above the level of the tank.

The tank guage is showing full at the moment (towed it back like it), don't fancy towing the extra weight of however many litres it is.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Dave
The Gamekeeper
Members

Re: New owner with a question

Postby ted hughes » March 22nd, 2009, 10:44 pm

Yes you should be able to close the valve and operate the taps from the external pump. For more info it would be helpful if you told everyone the year and model of your van.
ted hughes
Members

Postby The Gamekeeper » March 22nd, 2009, 10:51 pm

Apologies, its a swift corniche 15/2, 2000 model.

Under the r/h seat there is only one valve.

Just thinking about it, it looks like the only way to drain main tank is to run the taps dry!!
The Gamekeeper
Members

Postby ted hughes » March 22nd, 2009, 11:17 pm

You are correct, this model was not fitted with a tank drain.
ted hughes
Members

Postby The Gamekeeper » March 22nd, 2009, 11:25 pm

Thanks for the input.

Is it possible to run the feed from the aquaroll & not fill the tank? (Without detrimental effects).

Cheers
Dave
The Gamekeeper
Members

Postby ted hughes » March 25th, 2009, 9:49 am

As I said above you should be able to close the valve to the tank and operate the taps from the external pump/aquaroll. The pump switch should be set to Ext (External).
ted hughes
Members

Return to Technical