Swift Talk Forums HERE

12v supply to heater fan

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

12v supply to heater fan

Postby rogerm » March 25th, 2009, 12:54 pm

I have a Swift Fairway 2006, which is based on the Charisma.
I have a problem with the Truma heater fan that has stopped working. According to the wiring diagram the power supply to the unit is via a black/blue wire with a white/orange return.
However there is no 12v+ at the black/blue. The white/orange has continuity to earth.
The same fuse as the pump, according to the fuse box, supplies the unit, which is separate from the NE143-RM power supply. The pump is working OK.
I cannot get continuity from the black/blue to the output of the fuse connection.
My dealer is snowed under at the moment so I wondered if there is anyone who might have an idea on the routing of the supply and whether any connectors might be adrift and where they might be located.

Roger
rogerm
Members

Re: 12v supply to heater fan

Postby carabiker » March 25th, 2009, 2:31 pm

Hi Rodger

The wiring loom will have connector plugs /socket for quick assembly at the factory

I would contact
Karl Hulse Sargent electrcal Technical Support
direct number is 01482 678981.

Great guy I am sure he will advise on how to resolve the problem

Dave
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Re: 12v supply to heater fan

Postby rogerm » March 26th, 2009, 8:31 pm

Dave,

Thanks for the info. Sargents had not got the sheets for my model but with their help I have bypassed the original and fan is working fine.

Roger
rogerm
Members

Return to Technical