Swift Talk Forums HERE

Water Problem

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Water Problem

Postby bojangles141 » April 11th, 2009, 10:03 pm

I have a two year old Swift Charisma 620 caravan. My pump is running and all inlets / outlets cleaned and free of debris. I still have no water coming up from the inlet into the pump and into the system. When I turn on the taps I hear a gurgle and or air bit no running water. This is the first time we have used since winter storage - any suggestions on what to check /do ?
bojangles141
Members

Re: Water Problem

Postby carabiker » April 12th, 2009, 8:19 am

Hi
First check the water drain valve is closed
Check the pumps is running and the impeller is not sized
Lubricate the "O" ring on the pump connector to the van ( change "O" ring if worn )
Look for water pumping out under the van if so could be the drain valve open or frost damage to water heater non return valve
If an on board tank check the settings of the valves to pump direct from aqua roll to taps
Nor sure but could be a non return valve stuck in the housing for the pump connector ( van housing inlet )
Dave
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Postby mike142sl » April 12th, 2009, 1:00 pm

I had exactly the same issue last week whilst on site. Mine is same age and had just taken it out of storage for its first outing. It was one of two problems:

1. When I primed the water system I think the filter got caught in the water barrell and when the water dropped below it a load of air was taken in. I also noticed before this that the hot water ran out quicker than normal. So I drained the whole system, hot water tank and the two drain taps and started again. (on mine the drain taps face the opp way to each other when 'fully' closed - I had mine vertical initially which may have been part of the problem)

After this I noticed the pump was running slightly after a few minutes (without any taps open!)

2. Check the filter just in front of the main pump. Mine is mounted facing the floor so it is hard to see, but I noticed a small puddle below it and discovered the clear plastic cover of the filter was not completely tight, neither was the black connector that connects the filter to the pump.

After doing both of these the problem was solved, so might be worth copying.

The pump and accumulator are not actually secured to the floor, pos to reduce vibration. However this dous mean that the pipes etc need checking each year. Unless the pump SHOULD be secured. Anyone know?
Mike
Land Rover Discovery TD5, Challenger 490se (2007)
mike142sl
Members

Postby bojangles141 » April 12th, 2009, 3:08 pm

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to reply. We have just
returned home so did not have a chance to act on your kind - will do next
time and will let you know outcome

carabiker wrote:Hi
First check the water drain valve is closed
Check the pumps is running and the impeller is not sized
Lubricate the "O" ring on the pump connector to the van ( change "O" ring if worn )
Look for water pumping out under the van if so could be the drain valve open or frost damage to water heater non return valve
If an on board tank check the settings of the valves to pump direct from aqua roll to taps
Nor sure but could be a non return valve stuck in the housing for the pump connector ( van housing inlet )
Dave
bojangles141
Members

Postby bojangles141 » April 12th, 2009, 3:10 pm

Thank you for taking the time a trouble to reply. We have just resturned
home so have not had a chance to act on your kind advice. Will check it out
next time and let yoiu know the outcome

mike142sl wrote:I had exactly the same issue last week whilst on site. Mine is same age and had just taken it out of storage for its first outing. It was one of two problems:

1. When I primed the water system I think the filter got caught in the water barrell and when the water dropped below it a load of air was taken in. I also noticed before this that the hot water ran out quicker than normal. So I drained the whole system, hot water tank and the two drain taps and started again. (on mine the drain taps face the opp way to each other when 'fully' closed - I had mine vertical initially which may have been part of the problem)

After this I noticed the pump was running slightly after a few minutes (without any taps open!)

2. Check the filter just in front of the main pump. Mine is mounted facing the floor so it is hard to see, but I noticed a small puddle below it and discovered the clear plastic cover of the filter was not completely tight, neither was the black connector that connects the filter to the pump.

After doing both of these the problem was solved, so might be worth copying.

The pump and accumulator are not actually secured to the floor, pos to reduce vibration. However this dous mean that the pipes etc need checking each year. Unless the pump SHOULD be secured. Anyone know?
bojangles141
Members

Postby mike142sl » May 4th, 2009, 8:18 am

Just an update on the water pump and accumuator. These should be secured to the floor - If yours is not then it will be a good idea to do something about it as the result is a leaking connection.
Mike
Land Rover Discovery TD5, Challenger 490se (2007)
mike142sl
Members

Return to Technical