Swift Talk Forums HERE

Corniche 15 2 1994 Water Pump Problem

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Corniche 15 2 1994 Water Pump Problem

Postby Blackie » April 18th, 2009, 4:47 pm

I am trying to use my caravan however having trouble when filling the on board water tank the was a pop noise and the trip switch tripped. When reset at the main board the pump would not operate and the ceiling lights are not working lamps are but no pump ceiling or spotlights. Someone suggested the main 12 v fuse had blown and should be located inside van were the pump enters by the carver heater unit , plus its the in line type, thing is cannot locate this at all, has anyone any ideas please, urgent answer please
Blackie
Members

Re: Corniche 15 2 1994 Water Pump Problem

Postby carabiker » April 18th, 2009, 7:04 pm

Hi
In general the in line fuse is in the battery box
or
from inside the van at the rear of the battery box often tucked under the plastic / abs case for the battery 15 -20 amp fuse
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Postby Blackie » April 19th, 2009, 10:40 am

Hi thanks for the reply yes i have searced bothe external around battery box and also internal by the heater inlet of the pump and onlu fuses i can find are.In mounted against the front under the seat for lights etc checked them all fuses appear to be ok one seperate one these are all spade type checked that also and is ok.Took the the pump out of its conector outside to see if maybe that was causing a short but appers that somewhere there is a fuse but am dammed if i can locate it. there appears to be no inline car type anywhere.
Blackie
Members

Postby carabiker » April 19th, 2009, 3:56 pm

Hi

If a car type blade fuse has popped then its not always easily visible

If the fuse really blows then there is a gap in the fuse link

If the fuse has got Tired the gap may only be less than hair width , I always us a multimeter to be certain the fuse has gone

Have you looked for the fuse inside the van under / near the battery box 15 -20 amp ?

Dave
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Return to Technical