Swift Talk Forums HERE

No hook up so I’m looking to power my LCD direct from the ba

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

No hook up so I’m looking to power my LCD direct from the ba

Postby The Meerkat » April 22nd, 2009, 2:46 pm

As the caption goes and as the price of “lecy” is on the rise I’m looking to get the most out of my 12 volts and was looking to power my Mikomi LCD via this method – Two options would be the inverter approach but I have been told this isn’t very efficient or powering it with a 12v cigar lead, I have a standard 99p one would this do the trick just as good or would the voltage have to be regulated?

Any suggestions/tips or where I can find a suitable product are most welcome :? 8)
The Meerkat
Members

Re: No hook up so I’m looking to power my LCD direct from the ba

Postby woodvale035 » April 22nd, 2009, 10:09 pm

the battery and inverter is probably still the way to go but you could use a solar charger to replenish the battery.
are you using the van for many days at once or would there be a chance for the battrey to charge for a time between uses?

the lcd type tv's are harder on electric seemingly than the older tube type ones so that may be worth considering.

Are you suggesting that you could plug your telly straight into the 12v by a ciggy socket???

If so then check that the voltage on the telly is 12v as some of these modrn devices could have voltage supply from 12v up to and over 20v.
inverters are not generally good at regulating voltage and it can fluctulate.
woodvale035
Members

Re: No hook up so I’m looking to power my LCD direct from the ba

Postby The Meerkat » April 24th, 2009, 11:33 am

Many thanks

My neighbour recommended that if I’m powering direct from the battery the PSU that I use would have to regulated because the voltage will have the tendency to fluctuate if say I go to turn on the tap, he’s currently kitted up with an Amperor stabiliser for 19” Alba set, has anyone had any experience of these?
:)
The Meerkat
Members

Return to Technical