Swift Talk Forums HERE

condensation inside front windows Charisma 560/2

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

condensation inside front windows Charisma 560/2

Postby easthams1958 » April 22nd, 2009, 3:56 pm

I have had this 2006 model since new for 20 months and I constantly get large blooms of condenstion inside all 3 front windows. At the first service last year Barrons told me that this happens and to take out the plastic plugs on the windows and out would dissapear then put them back in...I did this and after 3 hours it went but every time I take the van out it reappears and I have just returned from 5 days in th lakes and the mist never went but just kept changing shape. One of th guys at the site said that he had heard that you could drop some of the silica gel granules through the hole and that it would get rid of the damp but I am not convinced. Has anyone ever come across this before and would know how to get rid of it. Also is there anything on the market that will get rid of very light scratches on the window that works?
easthams1958

Re: condensation inside front windows Charisma 560/2

Postby ted hughes » April 23rd, 2009, 10:19 am

Condensation between the two panes of a caravan window is common. It is not a problem as such. Much depends on the weather conditions and the angle of the sun. Taking the plugs out can help but is really not necessary as the plastic from which the windows are made does actually breathe very slowly. Also on older windows it is possible for the plugs to break in half with the inner half dropping down inside the window.

Silica gel might help in the short term but will cease to work once it becomes saturated, Then you won’t be able to get it out to dry it.

The problem can be aggravated by where you store the van. If it is possible to try a different position then do so. Other than that my advice is to do nothing. I think the problem will go away as the warmer weather (hopefully) arrives.
ted hughes
Members

Return to Technical