Swift Talk Forums HERE

speakers

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

speakers

Postby moth » May 10th, 2009, 8:55 am

Hi I have a Ace jubilie viceroy 2008 and want to put some more speakers in it at the other end of the van, but need it to fade, as some times the people in the front dont want it on, is this a easy job.
also can you recommened some speakers which i dont need to cut holes for,
Cheers
moth
Members

Re: speakers

Postby TheSwiftGroup » May 10th, 2009, 4:15 pm

Hi Moth,

Swift use speaker pods on Motorhomes, which allow the mounting of speakers onto Motorhome roofs, without the need to cut holes. The part number for these are : 10724560, and they are cream coloured. They would be ideal for mounting under a locker or onto the roof, depending on your preference.

The accept any 100mm speakers, but if you wanted to use the Swift ones, they can be purchased under part number : 10707410, although any audio shop (A1 Stores, Halfords, etc.) will sell similar speakers. Just make sure the depth of your chosen speakers fit within the pods.

Speaker wire is easy to buy from anywhere (again, Halfords or even B&Q), and a suitable route needs to be found. Obviously, the thinner the wire, the easier it will be route, but you may adversely affect sound quality if you use "bell wire" thickness.

They can be connected to the rear speaker outputs of the radio headunit, and the radio fade / balance can be used to turn these speakers on / off as required.

If you need any further information, feel free to e-mail me on technicalsupport@swiftleisure.co.uk.

Ash
TheSwiftGroup
Members

Re: speakers

Postby moth » May 29th, 2009, 11:49 am

Hi many thanks sorry for the delay in reponse, just got back off holiday.
moth
Members

Return to Technical