Swift Talk Forums HERE

Swift Challenger 530 2007

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Swift Challenger 530 2007

Postby instop » May 13th, 2009, 3:57 pm

This is my 1st Post
Looking for help with a water pump problem on the Swift Challenger 530 2007 model.

Intermittently an error appears on the Control Panel stating "PUMP OVERLOAD".

This fault occurs when either of the taps is turned off following a period of normal waterflow from the taps. We overcome the problem briefly by switching off the water pump at the panel and then re activating it after a few seconds. This action again achieves normal water flow.

We have checked for kinked pipes and ensured that the filter in the water inlet in the aquaroll is not causing a restriction.

It appears as though the Control Panel is signaling that the pump is drawing excessive current from the supply. Almost as though the sensing device is set with too high sensitivity and therefore protection is activated unecessarly.

Can anyone help, Please
instop

Re: Swift Challenger 530 2007

Postby TheSwiftGroup » May 13th, 2009, 8:39 pm

Hi Instop,

You are absolutely correct, 2007 fuseboxes were fitted with a current sensor to measure the load on the pump. This was done for a number of reasons, not least of which was used to inform the fusebox when the pump was active.

If this is not a new problem, then I would suggest the pump is probably drawing more power (amps) than it did / should, indicating a problem with the pump itself.

If you have any doubts over the pump actual draw, then I would suggest using a mulit-meter to measure the actual (true) draw of the pump.

If you can clear the fault (using the control panel) then it suggests it is the pump, either drawing more current when getting warm or when the system is pressurised.

Either way, it may mean a replacement pump, but you should ask your dealer to check the entire system first.

I hope that helps.

Ash
TheSwiftGroup
Members

Re: Swift Challenger 530 2007

Postby mike142sl » May 14th, 2009, 2:08 pm

TheSwiftGroup wrote:2007 fuseboxes were fitted with a current sensor to measure the load on the pump. This was done for a number of reasons, not least of which was used to inform the fusebox when the pump was active.
Why have such things become so complex? what was so bad with the good old pump connected to battery with switch?

Is it no wonder Vans are getting heavier and more expensive.
Mike
Land Rover Discovery TD5, Challenger 490se (2007)
mike142sl
Members

Return to Technical