Swift Talk Forums HERE

Newbie need help Fresh water system 1990/1 Conqueror 600/5

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Newbie need help Fresh water system 1990/1 Conqueror 600/5

Postby kevlumb » July 5th, 2009, 4:05 pm

Just bought a Conqueror 600/5 with an onboard fresh water tank, I also got an aquaroll and pump however there is nowhere to plug in the pump and no other inlet besides the tank filler, is this unusual (I am certain there is nowhere to plug the whale unit in, there are no external doors/flaps other than electric and cassette toilet).
I wondered how to fill the tank from the aquaroll, can anyone help please.

Kevin
kevlumb
Members

Re: Newbie need help Fresh water system 1990/1 Conqueror 600/5

Postby charles » July 6th, 2009, 10:17 am

You say there is no other inlet besides the tank filler. My guess is that this is where the pump should plug in but you have the wrong type of pump. I think your van would originally have been fitted with a Carver Crystal type inlet (see pic). This is incompatible with Whale pumps. You need to get a Carver Crystal pump. They are now made by Truma and still very much available (see pic).
Attachments
crystal_inlet.jpg
crystal_inlet.jpg (5.28 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
carver_pump.jpg
carver_pump.jpg (23.23 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
charles
Members

Re: Newbie need help Fresh water system 1990/1 Conqueror 600/5

Postby kevlumb » July 6th, 2009, 5:37 pm

Thank you Charles, but there really is nowhere to plug any type of pump into, I think I need a transfer system to get the water from the aquaroll into the onboard tank.

Thanks for the info

Kevin
kevlumb
Members

Return to Technical