Swift Talk Forums HERE

shower tray cracked

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

shower tray cracked

Postby simon » August 23rd, 2009, 5:50 pm

Hi, First of all i am new to the site so hello to everyone and i have recently joined the Swift owners club. My problem is that i have owned my caravan (Challenger 490 LSE 2003) for a few months and on my last holiday the shower tray cracked ! Looking under the crack there doesn't seem to be any real support where the crack is, where the rest of the tray is there is a thick foam support, what i am asking is has anyone dealt with a similar issue and rather than pay hundreds in labour how hard would it be to do myself if i purchased a new tray and new foam ? I can see that i would virtually have to strip out the bathroom but any advice and pointers would help.Wouldn't be so bad if we had ever used the shower ! Thanks.
simon
Members

Re: shower tray cracked

Postby Claver » August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

We had the same thing happen to our 2000 Swift. I drilled a 3mm hole at the ends of the crack to prevent propagation and then covered the crack with a clear thick nylon tape so you cannt see it and it prevents water ingress.
Replacing the whole tray looks time consuming and expensive to me.
..........Blakemere 5 berth 2000 - a special edition of the Allouette.............
Claver
Members

Postby David Theaker » August 24th, 2009, 8:46 pm

September issue of Caravan magazine has an article on fitting a new shower tray. May help
David Theaker
Members

Postby simon » August 25th, 2009, 4:45 pm

Thanks for the replies folks ! i emailed swift also for advice but they never replied which was disappointing....
simon
Members

Return to Technical