Swift Talk Forums HERE

COUPLING FOR A 1978 SWIFT

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

COUPLING FOR A 1978 SWIFT

Postby SAMMAS » August 23rd, 2009, 6:53 pm

HI
I AM NEW TO CARAVANS AND BOUGHT A 1978 SWIFT CORNICH 4 BERTH CARAVAN TO TRY
AFTER 5 TRIPS ITS GREAT AND THE CARAVAN MY WIFE AND I LOVE ,SO HAVE BEEN DOING UP INSIDE AND IT IS JUST RIGHT FOR US
MY QUESTION IS (PARDON MY LACK OF CORRECT TERMS FOR PARTS) I WANT TO UPDATE THE COUPLING AS IT IS VERY HARD FOR ME AT 66 YEARS OLD SO CAN I CHANGE TO THE NEW TYPE ? IF SO WHICH TYPE
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT :)
SAMMAS
Members

Re: COUPLING FOR A 1978 SWIFT

Postby duffer » August 26th, 2009, 12:23 pm

It may be possible to fit a modern coupling depending on the chassis. This could well have been made by B&B (not to be confused with B&B Trailers). B&B were acquired by AL-KO Kober in 1982. It may be worth giving them a ring (01926 818500) and quoting any identification marks you can find on the chassis.

If not made by B&B the chassis would almost certainly have been made by Peak Trailers. They are still going and can be contacted on 01825 713422.
duffer
Members

Re: COUPLING FOR A 1978 SWIFT

Postby SAMMAS » August 27th, 2009, 3:29 pm

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE,CAN I ALSO ASK ,MY CARAVAN 1978 HAS TWO GAS BOTTLES WITH BATTERY BETWEEN,I HAVE SEEN THIS CAN CAUSE PROBLEMS (HAZARD) ANY ADVICE
THE FRONT ON CARAVAN IS PRETTY OPEN AND THIS MAY HELP AIR FLOW
THANKS AGAIN
SAMMAS
Members

Return to Technical