Swift Talk Forums HERE

Help broken rear panel

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Help broken rear panel

Postby preston_biker » October 1st, 2009, 9:52 pm

Can anybody give advice?

While on holiday in August we had the rear panel of our van broken (long story), the repair of which is an insurance job. However my local dealer has given me a quote which includes o/s and n/s corner mouldings. We are a bit confused by this as the panel is a one piece panel, am I missing something as these mouldings are £74 each?

Our van is a 2008 Charisma 570, any advice greatfully recieved.
Graham

Ford Mondeo estate, 2008 Charisma 570
I just love the freedom we have to go away when we like!
preston_biker
Members

Re: Help broken rear panel

Postby miriam » October 2nd, 2009, 11:07 am

I wonder if the 'corner mouldings' are the light clusters. You'll have to ask your dealer to clarify the quote.
miriam
Members

Postby preston_biker » October 2nd, 2009, 4:44 pm

No I have checked and they say it is a part of the panel, but they cannot explain how this can be on a one piece panel.

The quote was done from a photograph so they have not acctually seen the van.
Graham

Ford Mondeo estate, 2008 Charisma 570
I just love the freedom we have to go away when we like!
preston_biker
Members

Postby Frank » October 3rd, 2009, 9:48 am

Hi Graham
I had the front panel of my previous van replaced as an insurance job. It was done by Crossley Coachcraft (Crossleys at Leyland) who are near where you are in Preston. They did an excellent job and were extremely helpful. I know that many dealers actually send their damaged vans to them for bodywork repairs and they are approved by most insurers and manufacturers.

You might want to think about running the van round to them or send them photos etc. They may be able to better explain what parts/processes are needed to do the job and answer your question. Details are on their website.

Best of luck
Frank
Frank
Members

Postby metz » October 3rd, 2009, 1:12 pm

Hi Graham, To remove the rear panel for replacement you have to remove the o/s & n/s rear awning rail section's, removing these usually destroys the rail as the sealant they use is semi adhesive, hence the inclusion of new molding's in the quote.
What go'es around comes around
metz
Members

Return to Technical