Swift Talk Forums HERE

cupboards keep falling down

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

cupboards keep falling down

Postby chrispy050 » October 4th, 2009, 7:17 pm

Hiya any suggestions on how to fix a problem on my swift accord 2006 model. The cupboard doors keep falling down, i have tightened the screws and filed a bit of the hinges to make them tighter which works for bit but then they start to shut slowly... its a pain having to hold the door open with one hand ... I am wondering if its possible to but another set of hinges and put them on next to the original ones .Any help or suggestions will be good
Cheers Chris :-)
chrispy050
Members

Re: cupboards keep falling down

Postby Frank » October 4th, 2009, 9:53 pm

Chris
Same problem with my 2006 Ace Jubilee Globetrotter. Dealer added an extra central hinge to affected cupboards under warranty and was well aware of this problem. You might want to contact your dealer and check if they will fix.
Although extra hinge did help at first the doors do still have the problem and I need to keep adjusting tightness. This is a very poor design and I would prefer to change the whole design of hinge to something more reliable.

Frank
Frank
Members

Return to Technical