Swift Talk Forums HERE

Heaters and ovens

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Heaters and ovens

Postby Roger Booth » October 20th, 2009, 3:20 pm

Hi there
Its probably very simple but whats the best way to light a Maxol monte carlo oven
and similarly how do you get a Carver heater to work They are on an Abbey GT212
1989 model Thanks in advance Roger This is a Carver Space Heater
Last edited by Roger Booth on October 22nd, 2009, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger Booth
Members

Re: Heaters and ovens

Postby duffer » October 20th, 2009, 6:44 pm

You don’t say why you want the advice re the oven but if you are having problems it could be that the gas supply to the burner is being restricted by rust in the feed pipe. This is a known problem with older Maxol ovens. The pipe can be removed and cleaned but this may be something you would wish to have done by a gas fitter.

Which Carver heater won’t work – the water heater or the space heater?
duffer
Members

Postby Roger Booth » October 27th, 2009, 4:22 pm

Thanks Duffer Ive since got the oven working but im still stuck with the Carver heater its not desperate as we can always carry a small fan heater if required
Roger Booth
Members

Postby carabiker » October 28th, 2009, 8:13 am

Hi Roger

Could do with more details on the room heater, the model and is the problem with the operation using gas or electric

As a starter goto Gary's web site for the manual

Try the links on his front page quote
"Not sure of your problem? then find an answer here or email Arc Systems here"

If you ring or e-mail he will provide help

If parts are required he Carry's the full range and supplies to the trade and public

Advice will be free

Dave
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Postby duffer » October 28th, 2009, 5:43 pm

The fact that you have a Maxol Monte Carlo oven suggests your van is of an age where the Carver space heater will be gas only. You can find a gas fault finding chart for Carver fires on this website. Here is a shortcut http://www.swift-owners-club.com/tips/oem_handbooks/carver/4000ff.pdf
duffer
Members

Postby Roger Booth » October 28th, 2009, 7:51 pm

Thanks to both Duffer and Dave for your help ,where would I be without you guys,
but Im still a bit stuck about how I get into the thing..Dave can you let me have Garys web site or phone number so I can speak direct
Roger
Roger Booth
Members

Postby haveago » October 28th, 2009, 8:49 pm

To get into the heater pull the cover out at the bottom to release it from its catches and then lift gently upwards and out. These covers had a habit of jumping off in transit so look out for any extra srews or whatever that might have been fitted by a previous owner.
haveago
Members

Return to Technical