Swift Talk Forums HERE

Challenger Battery Charger

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Challenger Battery Charger

Postby challengerman » November 4th, 2009, 2:25 pm

I have had a 2008 Challeger now for 18 months, during this time i have had a lot of problems with flat batery. I bought a new one in Feb on the dealers advice.

Having suffered the problem all summer, the dealer agreed to test the battery again, however i did some digging to actually find that there was no charging voltage at the battery.

to cut a long story short, not only do you need to have the charging switch on in the cupboard but also the switch on the control panel and the caravan battery switch. It appears that a number of owners i have spoken to do not know of this and there is no mention of it in the handbook.

This appears to apply to 2008 and 2009 model year
challengerman

Re: Challenger Battery Charger

Postby Giles » November 7th, 2009, 2:02 pm

So that's what the following words in the handbook mean. I did wonder. Technology gone mad if you ask me!

"Key with LED to connect/disconnect the VAN Battery. If the charger is not working and the VAN battery is not connected the system will go off. If the VAN Battery voltage remains under 10,0V more than two minutes, the System will automatically disconnect the VAN Battery and the System will go OFF."
Giles
Members

Return to Technical