Swift Talk Forums HERE

Swift Challenger 570 - Cassette loo not working

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Swift Challenger 570 - Cassette loo not working

Postby Ron2418 » December 26th, 2009, 2:32 pm

Hi all

Hi all I've just bought a new 570 and having just checked the systems the electronic flush on the toilet isn’t working - is there something I need to do to get it working, or is it as simple as just putting the 12 volt system on, putting water in the flush and then pressing the button? Or am I missing something??

The toilet system is a C250 CWE

Regards
Ron
Ron2418
Members

Re: Swift Challenger 570 - Cassette loo not working

Postby charles » December 27th, 2009, 3:32 pm

The flush pump runs off the 12 volt supply so that must be on for it to work. The pump will run without water in the tank but it should not be operated for more than a second or two as the water is needed to act as a lubricant. The pump is mounted just outside the flush tank (see blue item in second pic). Of course the pump will not run if it is full of ice and the recent weather has ben very cold. In this situation if you try to operate it you could well blow a fuse. As well as the fuse in the main 12 volt distribution panel the loo has its own fuse in the base near the front (see first pic).
Attachments
parts1.jpg
C250 - some parts
Cimg2899cs.jpg
Thetford C250 CWG loo
charles
Members

Re: Swift Challenger 570 - Cassette loo not working

Postby Ron2418 » December 28th, 2009, 12:41 pm

Thanks Charles.

I've decided I'm not going to mess with it and to take it back to the dealer when they come back off their Hols, Hopefully Tuesday.

Before I took it away from the dealer the sysyem was drained and therfore shouldn't have frozen, and if it has blown a fuse somewhere it must have an inherent problem along the line so they can sort it out - I thought these vans were supposed to be PDI'd - on my very first inspection once I got it home the Cupboard door lock broke.

Thanks for your time anyway.

Regards
Ron
Ron2418
Members

Return to Technical