Swift Talk Forums HERE

Challenger 480 toilet disaster

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Challenger 480 toilet disaster

Postby 654lad » December 29th, 2009, 11:51 am

Hi all, have just attempted first outing with our brand new Challenger 480 over Xmas. Arriving on site filled up flush tank for the first time, but on first use no flush in the toilet. When the cassette door was opened compartment was full of the pink flush fluid, and when the button was pressed fluid poured down from above the door where the pipes dissappear. The van is obviously returning to the supplier but I wonder if any of you guys know what's going on here.
Best wishes Baz
654lad
Members

Re: Challenger 480 toilet disaster

Postby charles » December 30th, 2009, 11:20 am

If you look at the previous post in this forum (Swift Challenger 570 - Cassette loo not working) you will see a pic of the loo from the rear showing the position of the pump. In your case I suspect that the delivery pipe has come off the pump, possibly due to frost action. The pump is held in two place with plastic lugs (see pic below). To remove the pump the inlet pipe must first be removed and then two plastic flaps that protrude down need to be moved apart to release it.
Attachments
Cimg0977cs2.jpg
C250 Cassette loo pump detail
charles
Members

Re: Challenger 480 toilet disaster

Postby 654lad » December 30th, 2009, 8:25 pm

Thanks for the info Charles, doesn't look like the end of the world, but am amazed that this happened on a brand new van, as I said, I am pretty sure that the tank was empty at the time so the fittings must be quite fragile to have come adrift at this stage. Regards Baz
654lad
Members

Return to Technical