Swift Talk Forums HERE

Swift Kon Tiki Locker Locks

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Swift Kon Tiki Locker Locks

Postby chrissyeh » January 20th, 2010, 4:35 pm

We have a number of outside lockers on our motorhome but only one locks with a key, the other two are secured with a "collar" key which can be obtained anywhere by anyone. These lockers are very useful and we would like to make them more secure. We have contacted the dealers who were unable to help so is there anyone out there with some useful suggestions - polite ones please!
chrissyeh
Members

Re: Swift Kon Tiki Locker Locks

Postby Giles » January 23rd, 2010, 7:01 pm

Your post makes me wonder whether your motorome locks have been changed at some time. I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by a collar type key. It might be helpful if you told us the age of your Kontiki and if you could attach a photo of one of the locks or the key you mention.
Giles
Members

Re: Swift Kon Tiki Locker Locks

Postby chrissyeh » January 24th, 2010, 1:11 pm

It is a 2005 Swift Kon-Tiki 610. Swift didn't start putting secure locks on all the outside lockers until a few years ago. Our dealer referred to the locks in question as "collar" locks. Hopefully a picture is attached. We are intending to take a trip to O'Leary's at Hull in the next few days to have a look at the various locks they have in stock, so we may be lucky there. If you have any suggestions in the meantime we would be most grateful. Many thanks.
chrissyeh
Members

Return to Technical