Swift Talk Forums HERE

Kontiki 679 electrical problems

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Kontiki 679 electrical problems

Postby philduncan » January 26th, 2010, 10:10 pm

We have KONTIKI 679 which we acquired privately in October 2009, the van was first registered in March 2008. From when we got the van we have had ongoing electrical problems.

The control panel went faulty and along with the fuse box was sent back to SWIFT for a software upgrade, SWIFT said they never received the part but had signed for them so they replaced them. The new parts were fitted to the van and it worked well for a few days then started playing up once more, this time I was advised by the local auto electrician that the leisure battery was faulty, this was replaced and now the cab battery has gone faulty and I have now replaced this as well.

The problem still persists as the power in the back works intermittently, i.e. the lights don't work nor the tv but the fridge does work.

We are now exasperated and any advice would greatly appreciated
philduncan
Members

Re: Kontiki 679 electrical problems

Postby charles » January 27th, 2010, 10:47 am

Your motorhome would have been fitted with Italian Nordelettronica control gear. In 2008 this proved somewhat unreliable giving the faults you describe. It seems your replacement parts may also be faulty. It is sometimes worth unplugging and replugging the comtol panel and fuseboard but, if this doesn't work you, may need more replacement parts.

The TV sockets are fed from fuse 12 via relay 15 so it may be worth a little investigation in this area first. The haandbook has a drawing showing these connections. If you don't have a handbook you can download one from this website.

The flat batteries you experienced could have been due to a lack of charging because of a connection fault.
Attachments
NE184.jpg
Nordelettronica 12 volt power distribution board
NE184.jpg (14.5 KiB) Viewed 7058 times
NE183.03.jpg
Nordelettronica control panel
charles
Members

Postby philduncan » January 27th, 2010, 12:52 pm

Thanks Charles,

the parts you mention are indeed the part fitted, I have decoupled the control panel and taken the battery off from the back but no differance made, do you think I should send them back to Swift?

thanks
Phil
philduncan
Members

Postby charles » January 27th, 2010, 4:00 pm

Replacement parts are normally sent through dealers who can properly check out the old ones first. By all means ring Swift for advice (01482 847332) but I think they'll point you to your nearest Swift dealer.
charles
Members

Return to Technical