Swift Talk Forums HERE

2008challenger 540 electrics

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

2008challenger 540 electrics

Postby Captain Methane » January 30th, 2010, 8:52 pm

For 1.5 years from new control panel indicated a charge of 14.4 volts as per hand book. Mid 2009 the battery overheated and was changed. Of concern is that the control panel now indicates a voltage of 14.8 volts. With charger off battery retains full charge of 12.8 volts .Should I be worried.
Captain Methane
Posts: 1
Joined: January 10th, 2010, 2:59 pm

Re: 2008challenger 540 electrics

Postby Giles » January 31st, 2010, 1:30 pm

You need to measure the voltage at the battery after it has been on charge for 24 hours. If that shows 14.8 volts then it may be that the charger is putting out too much voltage. Also, if you are able to remove the cell caps check to see if the electroyle (acid) is bubbling. This is a sure sign that the battery cannot take the charge it is receiving. If left like this it will eventually 'boil' dry and suffer damage.
Posts: 27
Joined: June 25th, 2007, 4:02 pm

Return to Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest