Swift Talk Forums HERE

Swift Celebration 550 Alarm

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Swift Celebration 550 Alarm

Postby TJH5 » February 7th, 2010, 5:51 pm

Hi all.
Just bought a new swift celebration 550 Jan 2010 model and having trouble with alarm system. Nordelecttronica NE209
Caravan never been used yet. Alarm activates and deactivates in all functions. Problem is though the silver alarm box
module makes a high pitched whining noise after approx 1 - 2hrs after being switched on and won't go off. Have
tried reset button but no joy. Wonder if anyone as had same trouble or got any answers how to rectify before having
to make a 300ml round trip to have warranty work carried out. Unable to get in touch with makers by phone or web.
TJH5
Members

Re: Swift Celebration 550 Alarm

Postby Giles » February 7th, 2010, 6:46 pm

I assume the whining noise is different from that made by the alarm when it goes off 'for real'. If so it would appear that the box is faulty and may need to be replaced. If you contact Swift's Customer Care dept. they may be able to arrange for you to have the alarm checked out by a dealer closer to home. However there is no guarantee they will succeed as many dealers say they are too busy to undertake warranty work on vans they have not sold. The recent upsurge in the sale of vans has not helped. It is something to bear in mind when buying so far from home.
Giles
Members

Postby TJH5 » February 7th, 2010, 11:06 pm

Hi Giles.. The whining noise from alarm box is just that and not the noise when the alarm
is triggered. Dealer where bought said because of van being new the alarm battery needs a full
charge, which should cure it. Alas been on 240v hook up charge for 2 days now .? The alarm works
perfectly in all its functions, execpt for the whining noise which can't get rid of. Will ring Swift
Mon 8th and ask. Thanks TJH5.
TJH5
Members

Postby Qhunter » February 28th, 2010, 10:08 pm

I'm afraid it appears to be a normal characteristic with the many faulty Nordelettronica alarms there are out there. I picked up my new Archway on Friday and it's now (sunday evening) already back at the dealers after suffering the exact defect you describe. The only way we could silence it at 0200 sunday morning was to remove the alarm control box to access the master Off button underneath it.

The dealer's workshop manager told me on the phone that they'd had 8 caravans fitted with these alarms returned to them 'on the bounce'.

Not good.
Qhunter

Postby TJH5 » March 5th, 2010, 12:00 am

Hi Qhunter and all.
Had my van hooked up for 10dys. alarm battery was flat, all o/k now.
I got in touch with Nordelecttronica in Italy, soon sorted out. The
whinning noise from alarm box means internal battery flat and in
need of a full charge. Because of bad weather and distance I had to
travel to pick van up meant the van had been stood 1 month before
I got it home, so I guess internal battery needed longer to charge up.
Have found some alarm systems recommend 2wks charge before you
put van into storage for several months. ? Anyway as I said all sorted
now and no more problems. Hope yours o/k and happy caravanning.
TJH.
TJH5
Members

Return to Technical