Swift Talk Forums HERE

Truma regulators

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Truma regulators

Postby David Theaker » February 24th, 2010, 6:19 pm

I have this week been preparing my Swift Fairway 470 for the summer only to find that the Truma regulator is u/s. A new one has been fitted, problem solved. Question what caused the regulator to pack up like that. It worked perfectly OK last year. Are the regulators affected by freezing temperatures or damp? Will the same happen next year? I know of problems of old regarding build up of gunge in the regulator but my system is fitted with stainless steel hoses. Any ideas out there.
David Theaker
Members

Re: Truma regulators

Postby charles » February 28th, 2010, 11:05 am

Did you have rubber hoses before fitting the stainless ones? If so gunge could have been deposited and then slowly hardened with time. The cold temperatures we have been experiencing will have also thickened any sludge.
charles
Members

Re: Truma regulators

Postby cls » February 28th, 2010, 10:10 pm

Clesse regulators are an alternative to Truma , I have been recommending owners to change to Clesse after reg blockage as they are a single stage unit unlike theTruma which is two stage, and so far not one of the Clesse regs has failed.

Mark
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
cls
Members

Return to Technical