Swift Talk Forums HERE

Swift Conqueror 540 Water Heater

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Swift Conqueror 540 Water Heater

Postby BIGHAP » March 4th, 2010, 5:56 pm

Hello everyone

I have just taken my caravan out of storage ready for the first outing and to check everything is working.

I can't get the water heater to ignite on gas and it defaults after 15 seconds or so.

It works fine on electric and all the other appliances work on gas, has anyone any ideas.

The caravan was new in May last year.

Thanks in advance Steve H
BIGHAP
Members

Re: Swift Conqueror 540 Water Heater

Postby duffer » March 4th, 2010, 7:07 pm

The cause is probably air in the gas pipes so keep trying. Also have you remembered to remove the heater cover?
duffer
Members

Postby BIGHAP » March 4th, 2010, 8:06 pm

Duffer

Thanks for your input mate.

I have removed the covers but I would suggest that unlike other caravans I have owned when they are removed the grill behind is not secure.

I have tried to ignite system for over an hour allowing time in betweeneach attempt and Have had no success.
BIGHAP
Members

Postby duffer » March 4th, 2010, 10:07 pm

In that case have a look at the attached fault finding page.
Attachments
water_heater_faults.pdf
Fault finding instructions for Truma Ultrastore water heater
(62.46 KiB) Downloaded 657 times
duffer
Members

Postby cls » March 4th, 2010, 10:55 pm

Check the obvious first....... Is the gas isolation valve to the boiler on . When you try to ignite do you hear a cluncking sound (gas valve opening) followed by a fast ticking sound (the igniter)......... if it fails you will hear the gas valve close again.

Mark
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
cls
Members

Return to Technical