Swift Talk Forums HERE

Window delivery time

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Window delivery time

Postby wirerob » March 7th, 2010, 10:39 am

Well I just booked a day off work to take our 2009 Sterling Europa in for its first service and minor snags etc to Stewart longtons in Chorley from its sasonal pitch in caernarvon, and on arrival noticed strange marks etc on the inside of front windows. I was advised these would probably need changing under waranty but it would be at least a 6 week wait for delivery.
Has anyone else had to wait this long for a waranty part from Swift, as I now face the prospect of towing the van all way the back to caernarvon after its service for the Easter hols and then returning it 6 plus weeks later, a round trip of 280 miles and associated additional fuel and time costs etc . Do Swift have mobile service teams as the widows cant be that difficult to replace.Alternatively is there any swift approved service centres along the North Wales coast.
As far as I can tell this years model uses identical parts etc with just a change of graphics and trims, so I would assume its a part that is presently stocked by the factory for production. Anyone else had a similar experience.
wirerob

Re: Window delivery time

Postby uprightbrian » March 7th, 2010, 2:28 pm

Hi.
We had the same problem with our 2008 Challenger 560 when it went in for it's first service in June.
They said it would be replaced under warranty when they could get one.
It was finally replaced in October.
Hope you don't have to wait that long.
Regards
Brian.
uprightbrian
Members

Postby cls » March 7th, 2010, 11:38 pm

Have a replacement window on order for a customer of mine. Been advised by Miriad that they are due in approx. mid March

Mark
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
cls
Members

Postby mike142sl » March 8th, 2010, 3:38 pm

Replacing windows is very easy, they just clip in at the top. Problem I had with my 2007 model was that Swift have a golden handcuff agreement with the manufacturers which means you have to buy the entire window AND frame, not just the window.
As it's under warranty they will want to do it but not a difficult task.
Mike
Land Rover Discovery TD5, Challenger 490se (2007)
mike142sl
Members

Return to Technical