Swift Talk Forums HERE

New caravan

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

New caravan

Postby uprightbrian » March 25th, 2010, 8:13 pm

Hello al.
After looking around the market for a new van have just ordered a new Challenger 570 which will be built and deliverd late June.
The main rival to this in my book was the Bailey Pegasus if I dare mention that name here.
Having had several Challengers in the past few years the present one being a 560 I just think the Challenger is better.
The point of this post is that while chatting to one of the fitters at the dealership he happened to mention that part of the Pegasus service requirement each year is that the iterior trim has to be removed to gain access to the internal bolts of the new construction system so that they can be re-tightened due to settlement. The cost of this job is is thought to be £200.
Bailey have certainly kept that one quiet.
Very glad I decided to stay with SWIFT.
Regards
Brian.
uprightbrian
Members

Re: New caravan

Postby robbiewos » March 29th, 2010, 5:21 pm

Hi Brian , just out of interest looked it up on the Bailey wesite, 1st Service £150, 2nd £250, 3rd £350 and it also states that any attempt to tighten the connector by an unauthorised person will invalidate the warranty. Also the ten year warranty is not as simple as advertised, it is in fact a 6 year warranty and a futher 4 yrs for an additional charge all depending on the yearly service. I dont know what the charge would be after year three.
Cheers Robbie
robbiewos
Members

Re: New caravan

Postby tweeter » March 29th, 2010, 6:05 pm

Thanks to Brian and Robbie for exposing the hidden costs of Bailey Alutech ownership. What's more those service prices don't even include parts and VAT! The 10 year bodyshell guarantee is a con if you've got to pay extra for the last 4 years. I'll be staying with Swift. The vans are not always perfect but the makers do care about their end users and work really hard to sort out any defects. What's more you can now get direct access to their support team through the Swift Talk forums.
tweeter

Return to Technical