Swift Talk Forums HERE

Microswitch problem

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Microswitch problem

Postby Chris Plumb » June 14th, 2007, 10:13 pm

I have a 2005 Conqueror 630. The micro-switch on my kitchen tap seems to be playing up. The pump works with the tap handle in some positions but not in others. I can’t see any way of getting in to the tap. Is it possible to change the micro-switch or will I have to buy a new tap?

If the latter then do I really have to take the cooker out to get at the water connections to the tap ‘tails’.

I know my van is still under the manufacturer’s warranty but I don’t fancy having to take it in to the dealer who supplied it as he is 90 miles away. Can anyone help?
Chris Plumb
Members

Re: Microswitch problem

Postby ted hughes » June 17th, 2007, 8:46 pm

I had a similar problem so I can tell you that the micro switch can indeed be changed. To get at it you need to remove the top bit of the tap (the bit with the actuating lever). First remove the small plastic plug on the side which faces the window. This gives access to a grub screw that can be removed using a small Allen key. I’m not sure of the exact size required but it’s something like 3mm. Undo this screw a good half turn or so and you should be able to prise off the top bit of the tap.

You will now be able to see the micro switch. Next disconnect the micro switch tails from the wiring underneath the sink. You should then be able to lift the switch out complete with its wire tails. Reverse the above procedure to fit the replacement switch.

I think the tap is made by Comet but I’m not 100% sure. The micro switch is similar to the ones in some Reich taps but not identical. I was able to make a Reich switch work.
ted hughes
Members

Return to Technical