Swift Talk Forums HERE

Wheels

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Wheels

Postby NickNick 2505 » July 22nd, 2007, 10:10 am

Hi all, I need to get a spare wheel for my 97/98 conqueror, apparently they have a 4 or 5 stud pattern, i haven`t collected the caravan yet as i would like to get a spare first!. Have also thought about getting a set of alloys and keeping one of the steel rims as a spare!, any info on the above would be most gratefully recieved i.e. pcd offset etc. Will need to buy a spare wheel carrier any body out there got one for sale? Many thanks Nick.
NickNick 2505
Members

Re: Wheels

Postby Pete » July 23rd, 2007, 9:07 am

Your Conqueror will have 4 stud wheels with a PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter) of 100mm. This is the diameter of a circle through the centre of the bolt holes. The rims should be 13” diameter but I’m not sure about the offset measurement. Alloy replacements will be harder to find than steel. Many caravan accessory shops stock replacement wheel rims so it may be worth visiting a few.
If you prefer to shop online then Towsure’s website is a good place to start. [http://www.towsure.com/category/6839-Caravan_Wheels_and_Tyres].
Make sure you replace any tyres more than 5 years old, less if there is any damage to a sidewall.
Beware that some wheel carriers come in different sizes to accommodate different widths between chassis rails.
Pete
Members

Postby NickNick 2505 » July 23rd, 2007, 8:38 pm

Thanks for that pete, gratefully recieved info, will look at web site thanks again. Nick.
NickNick 2505
Members

Postby mike142sl » July 24th, 2007, 9:52 am

Nick,

Take a look at http://www.autow.co.uk/trailer_parts/tr ... _rims.html where there is a selection of wheels. I suspect you need 13" but you will need to double check.

Alloy wheels come in all sorts of shapes, widthts, and styles. Type Alloy Whells into google and you will find several suppliers.

I would suggest you wait until you get your van to confirm sizes etc.
Mike
Land Rover Discovery TD5, Challenger 490se (2007)
mike142sl
Members

Return to Technical