Swift Talk Forums HERE

Saying hello to you all

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Saying hello to you all

Postby Yvonne-S » January 9th, 2008, 2:28 pm

Hi to you, just joined recently after having bought a 1992 Swift Challenger 490SE 5 birth, its a lovely van in good condition and a vast improvement on our little old 4 berth Sprite Alpine we had which we bought to see if we liked touring, of course we were hooked after the first trip out and we can't wait for our first trip in the comfy Swift, look forward to chatting to you all.
Yvonne.
Yvonne-S
Members

Re: Saying hello to you all

Postby Matt Smith » January 11th, 2008, 4:23 pm

I'm a newbie too, so hello 8)
Matt Smith
Members

Postby Yvonne-S » January 14th, 2008, 8:49 pm

Hi to you Matt :)
Yvonne-S
Members

Postby elsid » January 15th, 2008, 2:48 am

Hi, I am a newbie to. We have just bought a 1996 Silhouette Classic which I hope to pick up on Wednesday. I am towing it with a Vauxhall Astra 1.6. I haven't towed a caravan since 1971 so I am a bit apprehensive! We are changing from a 5 berth motorcaravan to a 2 berth caravan.
regards Sid
elsid
Members

Postby Yvonne-S » January 15th, 2008, 8:36 pm

Hi Sid and welcome, I bet you can't wait for the weather to change so you can start taking breaks in your new van :)
Yvonne-S
Members

Postby elsid » January 16th, 2008, 12:01 am

Thanks for the welcome Yvonne, I am looking forward to using the van but it won't get used too often. I am a keen motorcyclist and spend many weekends away with the Bike and a tent. I am also looking for a small campervan so my travels will be spread between the 3 vehicles. Being retired I am hoping to use the van in the week leaving the weekends free for my biking. I will let you know how we get on with the tow home to Somerset tomorrow. I phoned Swift customer services this morning they we very helpful and are sending me an owners manual for the van.
regards Sid
elsid
Members

Postby elsid » January 20th, 2008, 1:25 am

Hi all
Had a good run home with the Silhouette on Wed. The Astra coped very well , if a little under powered. We set off from Bosham and after a few miles we pulled into a layby for a cup of tea and a sandwhich. I suddenly realised I hadn't changed the number plate over! When we got home pushing the van into the garden was a bit of a bind but a friendly young neighbor gave us a shove. I have ordered an Enduro mover. I received a copy of the owner's manual from Swift this morning and have spent the day trying to sort out the few problems with the van. I have not sorted out the Whale submersible pump yet and the fridge doesn't seem to work on mains hook up. The tyres are showing signs of cracking so I will fit two new ones before fitting the mover. I bought a new wheel clamp but find it difficult to fit because of the wheel valances, I will have to find another type of clamp.
Regards Sid
elsid
Members

Postby Yvonne-S » January 20th, 2008, 4:58 pm

Hi Sid, good to hear the run went well, I wondered how the Astra would cope because I first towed with an Astra 1.7 TD estate and it really struggled up the hills, mind you it was a bit of an oldie though, the clutch burned out so I decided to change it to a 4x4 its a P reg Frontera which is a fairly cheap 4x4 to buy but it tows better than the Astra did.
Yvonne-S
Members

Postby whalepumps » March 10th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Hello, with reference to your comment on the whale pump did u get that sorted out ok?
whalepumps

Return to General