Swift Talk Forums HERE

Fixed bed fitted sheets

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Fixed bed fitted sheets

Postby Digger » January 12th, 2008, 10:33 pm

Hello Folks,

I'm a newbie to this forum. I have recently bought a new Conqueror 630. This is the first 'van that I've had with a fixed bed, and very comfortable it is. I have a question though, that somebody out there may know the answer to, is it possible to buy fitted sheets to fit the shape of the mattress, as it tapers at the end? If so where can they be bought from? :?

thanks,
Digger

Disco TD5 - Conqueror 630 (2008)
Digger
Members

Re: Fixed bed fitted sheets

Postby carabiker » January 14th, 2008, 9:37 am

Hi Digger

We have the 630 on order due late Feb / early March so I would welcome your comments good and bad on the Conqueror 630

Plan to install a radio and speakers as I understand the quality of the speaker in the fitted TV are poor out put OK for Tv but not as a radio

Fitted Sheet
Fitted sheets Jonic http://www.jonic-uk.co.uk tele 01524 425 502 main supplier to the demo vans at shows
They also supply toppers and other bedding

Fitted sheets Caracoutuce e-mail mailto:cph.enterprises@fsmail.net

http://www.cara-couture.co.uk/index.html Tele 01803 850812

Bespoke bed linens www. Bespokebedlinens.co.uk 0845 226 7388

Hope this helps

Dave & Yvonne
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Postby Digger » January 14th, 2008, 10:03 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info re fitted sheets.

I also am going to fit a radio and speakers, because as you say, the 'audio package' that is supplied is of poor quality. It is a shame really, because the van itself is great and Swift are making a big thing in their brochures and advertising that these are the Ultimate Conqueror's, but in my opinion, the audio package is a step backwards. I am also going to purchase a better TV because the sound quality is very 'tinny', and has no tone adjustments. My son, however, is pleased as he has now inherited the TV for his bedroom!

Good points & Bad points:

Water system. I have found the water system a little awkward because on my last conqueror the onboard tank had two pipes: a feed pipe and a supply pipe. The new underslung tank (which is a good idea) has only one pipe which means more time spent on your hands and knees switching valves. The valves are underneath the front bedbox right at the front in the corner, which means that the seat cushions now have to be removed, where as on the previous models, you just had to drop the access door underneath the drawer chest to operate the valve. I plan to see if I can relocate these valves underneath the drawer chest to make access better.
Pressure at the taps is better beacause of the pressurised system, but the shower head doesn't fit into the non adjustable holder very well.

The Adle wet heating system is fantastic!!! It has lived upto expectations. There are no draughts that could be experienced with blow air heating, and the whole van is warm. The coolest part of the van tends to be the washroom, if the door is kept closed. I don't know why this is as the rads are in here as well.

A lot more room in the fridge, and it's nice to have a separate freezer.

Swift have made a better job with the microwave, as it is now properly housed. In my 2005 Conqueror, it had been put into the cupboard and was free to bounch around during transit.

Overall, we are very pleased with the Conqueror, I just need to sort out some decent sounds!

Paul & Marea
Digger

Digger
Members

Postby carabiker » January 14th, 2008, 11:13 am

Hi Paul & Marea

Thanks for the input
The on board water tank change over system will not be a problem as i will use a direct feed from the 2 aqua rolls as we normally rally apart from the main Hol's

We have a Reich shower head that as a on / off facility to( £20 ish ) save on water and also the taps can be preset to the required temp during the shower

The TV for your son. there is an out put on the TV if your son gets some Powered computer speaker the quality of the out sound will be much better

Heating

We had a van in the 80's a Mustang sting UK manufactured for the Swedish market gas central wet system heating
Great for heating the van in winter Crude but worked A must have for the dragon (aka Yvonne )
Aldie do a open day and user course a couple of times a year may worth a visit

The the Swift Group post on the forum Caravan Talk http://www.caravantalk.org.uk/ Some posts re the TV / radio may be worth a read by the members and the reply;s from Swift

Swift plan another factory tour for members of caravan talk help some last year Oct mid week Wed and Nov Sat

I am on several forums but a good friendly forum is caravaning 4 U http://www.caravanning4u.co.uk/forum

Regards
For now

Dave

carabiker
Members

Postby carabiker » January 15th, 2008, 9:31 am

Hi Paul
This post from another forum may be useful regarding the radio

Quote "
The television we supply combines a number of features (15" LCD TV, 12V/230V, Freeview reciever, DVD player, CD player, Digital/freeview radio, Teletext, etc) [see attachment]. We tested a number of television sets before opting for the Autosound unit which we supply standard on certain models. We felt of all the televisions tested the sound and the picture quality of the Autosound unit and features offered made it attractive for our customers. It should also be noted that between 2008 and 2012 all digital television signals will replace the current analogue signals. http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/en/when.html

The Autosound unit has two 3W speakers which we felt were acceptable for TV, DVD, CD, or Radio listening, it is possible through the "audio output socket" (headphone socket) to connect additonal stand alone external speakers but these must be amplified speakers, these are available for walkmans, Ipods etc currently. The TV does have MP3 capability (i.e. it will play MP3 compatable music on the CD/MP3 player). The radio is digital through the freeview (this is not DAB, FM, MW or AM) but is the radio channels available through freeview. The digital signal TV/radio is transmitted through the status television aerial which is digital compatable. Listening to the digital radio will have a higher power consumption than a conventional Radio/CD type unit. A conventional radio/CD can be retro fitted, a 12V power supply exists in the front corners behind the mains lighting audio speakers would be required. The Status aerial is FM compatable but not MW or AM compatable.

With regard to delivery problems mentioned on some of our competitors product we are not aware of any delivery issues, our televisions are sent direct to the dealers as the product is despatched from our site.

Regards
Andy & Kath - Swift

End quote
For the radio installation
Behind the 240 volt lights at the front of the van there is a power supply for the radio, recommend an external Ariel as the Status will only support FM

The Sat input only go's to one outlet point ie the primary point which I think will be the lounge area ??

Regards
Dave

carabiker
Members

Postby Digger » January 15th, 2008, 12:47 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for all of the info.

I will definately be installing a cd/radio, as we too tend to do more weekend rallying, so keeping battery consumption as low as possible is preferred.

I'll also have a look at the other forums that you mention.

Thanks again,

Paul
Digger

Digger
Members

Postby carabiker » January 20th, 2008, 7:50 pm

Hi paul

We went to the GMex caravan show and called in on the Jonic stand, was quoted £25 for a cover( Including topper )for the bed
The wife looked at the sample and was NOT impress with the quality of the materials used

Dave

carabiker
Members

Postby Digger » January 21st, 2008, 9:46 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that. We were thinking about going to the show at the NEC next month to have a look, so looks like we'll give the Jonic stand a miss!

Cheers

Paul
Digger

Digger
Members

Return to General