Swift Talk Forums HERE

Swift Challenger 530SE Oven won't light

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Swift Challenger 530SE Oven won't light

Postby andyjayne08 » September 3rd, 2008, 8:07 pm

Has anybody had a problem lighting the oven in a Sift Challenger 530SE ? I tried igniting the oven and it would not light - even though the hob did, and the grill would not work then either, even though it had been working earlier that morning. The gas bottle seems to be pretty full.
andyjayne08
Members

Re: Swift Challenger 530SE Oven won't light

Postby carabiker » September 3rd, 2008, 9:26 pm

Hi andyjayne08

If the van is a post 2004 to 2007 with a fixed gas regulator mounted in the front gas locker box fitted to the bulk head at about mid hight
Then the reg could be faulty
The dealer should have modified the mounting position and fitted extra pipe work and an elbow on top of the reg to rise the reg to the top of the lock box above the height of the gas Bottle(s)

I had 3 regs in less than 2 years on our last Bailey van until it was modified

Look on the Swift owner's club web site web site I think the info is there

Look at the flame height of the hob ring, turn on a second ring probably the flame will be very low

Dave
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Postby ted hughes » September 3rd, 2008, 11:08 pm

If the cooker has a glass lid try lifting it first. These lids are connected to a gas safety valve and so the cooker will not work with the lid down. Please tell us all if this was the problem.
ted hughes
Members

Postby mike142sl » September 4th, 2008, 9:45 am

Yes, the glass lid has to be FULLY open for both grill and oven to light - mrs mike142sl remembers this every time we go out in the van :?
Mike
Land Rover Discovery TD5, Challenger 490se (2007)
mike142sl
Members

Postby andyjayne08 » September 6th, 2008, 5:14 pm

Thanks everyone for your quick, helpful comments. Come to think of it I don't think I had the glass lid up when i tried the oven - but I definitely had it lifted up earlier when the grill had worked. I will try it next weekend and let you know if that was the problem

Regards
andyjayne08
Members

Return to General