Swift Talk Forums HERE

BLINDS

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

BLINDS

Postby bradbery » October 2nd, 2008, 9:27 am

HELLO TO YOU ALL OUT THERE,
CAN ANY ONE OUT THERE, PLEASE TELL ME IF THEY (HAD OR GOT)PROBLEMS WITH THE BLINDS IN THE CHALLENGER 530 2008 MODEL.
THE ONES IN MY VAN ,WONT RUN UP OR DOWN WITH EASE,,I HAVE TRIED SILICON SPRAY, BUT THIS DOES NOT HELP AT ALL.
THEY ARE THAT TIGHT THEY COME OUT OF THE SLIDES ON EACH SIDE..
CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE
DEREK
bradbery
Members

Re: BLINDS

Postby preston_biker » October 2nd, 2008, 9:54 pm

We have 2008 Charisma 570 which is fitted with the same blinds and we have no problem with ours. Speaking with my tradesman's hat on (I'm a time served carpenter), I suspect that the blinds have been incorrectly fitted and as such should be dealt with by the dealer under warranty.

If the dealer is not willing to help you could look at a model they still have for sale fitted with the same blinds and assuming they work perfectly you will have a stronger argument that the goods supplied are not fit for purpose as per the Sale of Goods Act. I'm sure however your dealer will bend over backwards to help out.

PS I'm a bit deaf now after all your SHOUTING (term given to writing in block capitals) :lol:
Graham

Ford Mondeo estate, 2008 Charisma 570
I just love the freedom we have to go away when we like!
preston_biker
Members

Postby bradbery » October 3rd, 2008, 10:15 am

Sorry about the shouting Graham
I phoned the dealer yesterday afternoon and after very strong words from me , They are collecting the van
today.. They have had it in 3 times now.(A little bit fed up)
Thanks for your reply Graham

Derek
swift challenger 530.
Land rover discovery
bradbery
Members

Postby preston_biker » October 3rd, 2008, 7:05 pm

I hope they manage to sort it out.

However if not, another option is to advise them that in your opinion the blinds are "not fit for purpose" (this is quite an important legal term). Should they still repudiate your claim advise them verbally (backed up in writing) that you will be seeking independent advice on the matter as well as infoming your local trading standards office, and that you reserve the right recoup any cost should further legal action be required.

Make sure that any letter you write clearly lays out what the problems are and what course of action you wish the dealer to take to rectfy the situation, but that you would welcome any proposal they may have so that a mutually agreed solution can be found. This can be quite important if you need to take the matter to court (which is not as daunting as you may think) as it will show the court that you have been reasonalble.

If you can get an independent report from either another dealer (this is quite unlikely to be honest) or from a non franchised dealer (best option) which agrees with what you are claiming, I would eat my hat with salt and pepper if your dealer did not cough up and compensate you for your outlay as they know the cost of going to court is high for them.

Also remember that a lot of warranties are not worth the paper they are written on (good news for the consumer) as relativley new legislation means that goods should last resonable amount of time. However a word of caution what is the legal definition of "reasonable"?

MY DISCLAIMER;

However make sure you have confirmed that what is stated above is correct and appropriate in your circumstances, (citizens advice is a good start) as I'm not a legal eagle but having taken this course of action against a bicycle dealer down south I got my money back.
Graham

preston_biker
Members

Postby bradbery » October 4th, 2008, 3:22 pm

Thanks for the sound advice Graham..I will let you no the out come
Many Derek........Challenger 530
bradbery
Members

Postby bradbery » October 9th, 2008, 6:14 pm

Thanks every thing (A OK0)
DEREK
bradbery
Members

Postby preston_biker » October 9th, 2008, 9:39 pm

Good to hear your sorted.
Graham

preston_biker
Members

Return to General