Swift Talk Forums HERE

Hi i am a newbie to the forum

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Hi i am a newbie to the forum

Postby whites » May 3rd, 2009, 1:15 pm

Hi i am new to the forum just wondered whether there was anybody had been on any of the swift rallies. I was thinking about doing some rallies but i have a young family are they ok for young families, just wondered what other people thought of them?. I would appreciate other peoples thoughts. Regards Jason
whites
Members

Re: Hi i am a newbie to the forum

Postby uggi » May 4th, 2009, 10:51 am

don,t bother mate!
I went to my first and last swift rally in October 2007 and was taken very ill(still under Doctors now)and nobody bothered about me
No promised emails no enquiry as to my health not diddly squat from the Swift family
At 1995 my van was the oldest on the field and I felt like a leper
You may fare better,but I never went on another rally and never rejoined the club
I joined the caravan club and go on their rallys and its brilliant
uggi
Members

Postby Arkimediz » May 4th, 2009, 9:27 pm

Hi Jason

Uggi, I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience of a Swift rally but it doesn't sound like the caring club I know and love. We did 25 Swift rallies last year and we're doing the same this year. We've just come back from the four night AGM rally on Towcester racecourse having had a terrific time and met up with friends we see regularly as well as those we only see pccasionally.

Jason, PLEASE don't be put off by Uggi's comments - do join the club and come on some rallies - I know you will be made welcome. They are suitable for people of all ages. Some rallies are quiet weekends just sitting about chatting and barbecuing. There are pantomime rallies in January (118 of us all went to one together - oh yes we did). Winter rallies are usually at a school or by a village hall so that we have somewhere to have an indoor social which might include a meal prepared by the marshals or contributed to by everyone. At the AGM I mentioned above we had professional entertainment with a brilliant impressionist comedian plus a duo who played for us to dance to. We had three sets of first timers on the rally and they have all booked some more - one couple are even going on the rally to Lake Garda in Italy.

Rallying is a great way to make friends and for the children to play together in a safe environment. I hope to meet you on the rally field somewhere soon.

Regards - Tony
Caravan Rallies - Every weekend, same house, different front garden & different neighbours.
Arkimediz
Members

Postby preston_biker » May 4th, 2009, 9:51 pm

Hi Jason

We went on our first rally in October 2008 (our 1st ever) which was a fancy dress halloween party which we assumed would have lots of kids.

Sadly this was wrong, I say sadly but this too is wrong as our eldest said (she was 7 at the time) "It's like being with 20 set of grandparents" our kids were spoilt and had a great time.

We had travelled a long way for this rally and it rained all weekend but our sprits were not dampened, our rally marshalls were superb and looked after us like old friends.

Like any club it does take time to get to know people but I would recommened this club to anybody.

Sadly due to location and timings of rallies we have not been back to a swift rally but we have been on two caravan club rallies with two more to come this month and have found the people to be very friendly and the kids love it.

From what I can see people tend to rally with more than one club, but with the Swift owners club you can be rest assured that before you arrive on site you have at least one thing in common with every rallier on the field, your van.

Go for it and enjoy it we do.
Graham

Ford Mondeo estate, 2008 Charisma 570
I just love the freedom we have to go away when we like!
preston_biker
Members

Postby pateley » May 5th, 2009, 4:02 pm

hi jason my advice come and join the swift club just back from agm rally at towcester there is a mix of ages we only joined in october due to work committments are limited to what rallys we do plenty for kids at agm competitions photo drawing crech we were made very welcome age of van has no barring it takes time to get to know people but thats in all situations in life there is plenty of young families but different rallys have different clientel want to know any more feel free to ask phil gwen melton mowbray best thing we did joining the swiftys
pateley
Members

Return to General