Swift Talk Forums HERE

A quick hello!

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

A quick hello!

Postby warbird » June 9th, 2009, 10:13 pm

Hi, Have just fallen over this site & just registered! We have recently bought a 2001 ABI Award Vivace which we can't seem to stop going away in! since the first week in May there has only been one weekend we haven't used it...........
We live in Bristol but bought the van in the Poole area. At the moment I tow with a 1994 Chevrolet Astro

We are however, looking for a more economical tow car to use when we're not attending Car shows as while the Astro returns around 24MPG solo, when towing it seems to drop to around 13MPG!! I'm going to get that looked at in the near future. (it does have a 4.3ltr V6 petrol engine)
Anyway, we look forward to meeting some of you during the year, If you see us come over & have a cuppa!
Cheers
Geoff & Alison
in sunny Brizzle!
warbird

Re: A quick hello!

Postby dolbob » July 4th, 2009, 2:48 pm

Hi Geoff and Alison, I would look for a more economical tow car Pronto, look at Towcar .com to find out the suitable models for your van , choose petrol or diesel, manual or auto, the body style and reliability. I can recommend the VW Tiguan auto diesel 4x4, will tow up to 20000kg and I get 35mpg towing often in 5th gear,and 44mpg solo. Bear in mind that the towed weight will include the awning food tv and whatever else Alison decides to load up.
dolbob
Members

Re: A quick hello!

Postby kevlumb » July 6th, 2009, 6:12 pm

Hi Geoff & Alison

I tow a Conqueror with my 4.0L Jeep, I had it converted to LPG and although I lose about 10-15% in fuel economy I only pay around 52p per litre for LPG - worth thinking about if you like your vehicle.

The guy who did my conversion is in Kings Langlety, Herts and conversion is around 2 days and costs 1200 for a 6cyl, I do a lot of miles and will have recouped my investment in around 12 weeks.

It's really great when you go into a filling station and cant spend more than £40 filling up.

Kevin
kevlumb
Members

Return to General