Swift Talk Forums HERE

Abbey Piper Executive 14/5 1994

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Abbey Piper Executive 14/5 1994

Postby brack » August 12th, 2009, 10:12 pm

Can anyone tell me if I can have blinds fitted to the front windows of my van, I have blinds to the side windows and Kitchen but have curtains elswhere and I would love to put blinds on the front.
Can anyone help?

I am also having difficulty trying to find a porch awning that will fit the height of my van, the awning rail height is only 230cm high can anyone suggest a porch awning that will fit. I was looking for a suncamp 260 type or a Royal windsor 260 type awning.

Thanks
brack
Members

Re: Abbey Piper Executive 14/5 1994

Postby miriam » August 16th, 2009, 10:57 am

Blinds can almost certainly be fitted to the front windows of your Abbey Piper. Google ‘Seitz Rastrollo’ – that is the range of blinds that Swift would have been fitting to their vans at that time. They are still very much available.

The Sunncamp 260 porch awning you mention is billed as being suitable for 230 – 245 cm high (from ground to awning rail) and so should be OK. The Royal Windsor 260 is billed as being ‘To fit caravan height (rail height) between 230cm-250cm.’ so that should be OK too.
miriam
Members

Postby brack » August 16th, 2009, 9:40 pm

Thanks for this, I will look for the blinds, as far as the porch awning is concerned, the suncamp is shown on many websites as 235 - 255cm, can you please confirm if this is correct or not.
I am very confused now as there are many suppliers stating different sizes and I dont want to purchase one if it's not going to fit.
brack
Members

Postby miriam » August 17th, 2009, 1:51 pm

The slight variation in height specification could be due to a recent change by the manufacturer. Caravans have got taller over the years and awnings have had to change to suit. I managed to find SunnCamp’s website (www.sunncamp.com). They say the current awning is for caravan heights of 235 to 250cm. These figures are backed up by Springfiled Camping for the 2009 Sunncamp 260. Awnings direct however say the Sunncamp 260 is 230 to 245cm, so I wonder if this was the 2008 model.

What I can say is that an awning that is fractionally too large is infinitely better than one that’s fractionally too small. I think you’d just about get away with the 2009 model but you are clearly concerned so it may be best to look elsewhere.

You mentioned the Royal Windsor 260 awning. After some Googling I found their website too (www.royal-leisure.co.uk). They say the awning is to fit caravan rail height between 230cm - The last figure is missing but it’s the lower one you are interested in. At 230cm it should be OK for you. If it isn’t then you should be able to get the supplier to take it back as not being fit for purpose.

BTW the blurb with these awnings says they van be carried in a bag that stays on the van whilst in transit. I heard of someone whose van side was damaged doing just that.
miriam
Members

Return to General