Swift Talk Forums HERE

2010 swift conqueror

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

2010 swift conqueror

Postby partimepikey » November 18th, 2009, 4:51 pm

Hi all,
the wife and i are newbies to this site and would like to say a quick hello to everyone.

also i would like anyones opinion or advice on the new 2010 swift conqueror 630.
we ordered ours during the summer and it will be here in the next few weeks with a bit of luck.
we are relatively new to caravanning (3 years or so) and late 2008 purchased our first new van (the sterling eccles opal) and had nothing but trouble.

firstly but not a massive problem, door hinges fell off, shower seals leaked and wardrobe lights stayed on all of which where fixed under warrenty.

the biggest problem was the battery charger which stopped working and was replaced 4 times in 6 months the last of which was this summer.
although all the problems were fixed, it was a little worrying that with only a few months of warrenty left that if the charger went again it was going to cost £400 a time to replace according to the dealer. (lowdham leisure world huddersfield). so we decided to cut our losses and get a new van, we were going to go with a bailey (i think it was a limmousine correct me if i am wrong) but then saw the swift conqueror 630 and although it was more expensive we felt the quality and finish was far superior. at first we were a little worried that we may have the same problems with the charger but after shopping around we finally decided to go for it after being reasured by the sales person. and we actually got a really good deal as it was almost £1000 cheaper than any other dealer plus they gave us more for our sterling as a trade in than any other dealer.

so.... after all that..... my question is can any 630 owners out there give us any advice or opinion on pre 2010 as well as any new owners of the 2010 model.

thanks all.
partimepikey
Members

Re: 2010 swift conqueror

Postby carabiker » November 18th, 2009, 7:14 pm

Hi
We have the Conq 630 2008 model and are very pleased withe van and quality

Some minor issues that where repaired at the 1st Service 12 volt electrical; socket , Warped head board and a small area of laminate lifted in the bath room and a pitted sink , dealer found the door lock to be iffy again a known problem

2 nd service ( March 2010 ) front central window this is a known problem and Polypastics the manufacture are suppling a new version,, door lock (again ) and the frame for the full door fly screen is loose, it appears to be fitted using double sided tape

So no real problem apart from a battery charger failure whist on holiday dealer was no help so I contact Ash at Swift who sent a charger to the site in less than 24 hrs

Good tip is to down load the hand books and learn / understand how to operate the equipment
The Alde system is superb but you need to understand how to use the program control panel

If you want some tips on the Alde pm me

Best of luck and enjoy the new van

Dave
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Postby partimepikey » November 18th, 2009, 8:15 pm

cheers dave, it sounds like you had the same problem as our 2008 sterling with the charger, im curious to know if the 2010 model charger and electrical system is the same or different to the 2008?
partimepikey
Members

Postby charles » November 18th, 2009, 10:52 pm

First - some good news. Swift ditched the supplier of the chargers that caused so much of a problem with your previous van. Next some great news – the 2010 Swift Challenger 630 won the Caravan Industry Tourer of the year award at the recent October NEC show.

The Bailey you looked at was the Limousin not Limousine. They name some vans after French places. Their vans are good but, to some eyes, lack the flair of Swift.

I’m sure you will love the 630 and especially its Alde wet heating system. This keeps the whole van toasty warm. Bailey does not offer such a system - so you probably made the right choice. Now you need to consider joining the owners club (if you are not already a member). For more info just click the logos at the top of this page.
charles
Members

Postby carabiker » November 19th, 2009, 8:18 am

partimepikey wrote:cheers dave, it sounds like you had the same problem as our 2008 sterling with the charger, im curious to know if the 2010 model charger and electrical system is the same or different to the 2008?

Hi

The electrical system is supplied By Sargent Electrical including their charger, the one you had in your van was an Italian
The the replacement that Ash from Swift sent to me on site was a Sargent unit the latest model
Dave
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Postby partimepikey » November 19th, 2009, 9:05 am

thats the good news we were hoping for, really putting our mind at ease. we are looking forward to taking delivery now.

cheers dave and charles.
p.s we will take a look at the swift owners club too.
thanks
partimepikey
Members

Return to General