Swift Talk Forums HERE

Van Weights can any body help

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Van Weights can any body help

Postby ukbvd » November 21st, 2009, 4:07 pm

Hi A Real Newbie Here
Looking at a very old (well Looks It) Swift pirouette its got a few problem with a sagging roof etc but my main problem is I don't know if my Vauxhall Corsa 1300 will pull this as I cant find a weight for this van Any Body Help Ta Muchly
interior roof linning.jpg
interior roof
interior roof linning.jpg (6.96 KiB) Viewed 5324 times
old caravan.JPG
exterior shot
ukbvd
Members

Re: Van Weights can any body help

Postby Jim Cain » November 21st, 2009, 6:16 pm

The Pirouette looks as though it dates from the early eighties, possibly 1983. I have found a spec on a 1983 13 foot Pirouette similar to yours which gives its unladen weight as 651kg. My guess is it would have had a payload of about 100kg thereby giving a maximum allowable weight of 750kg.

The recommended towing limit for a car is 85% of the cars kerbweight so, if my figures are right, any car with a kerbweight of over about 900kg should in theory be OK. I would add about 10% to this in case my figures are wrong and say that you should safely be able to tow it with any car weighing in at 1000kg or more.

The weight of your Corsa will depend on the model and year but a 2005 Corsa 1.3 CDTi has a kerbweight of 1099kg. I therefore think your Corsa should be OK to tow this van. Make sure the van has a decent pair of tyres before you do though.
Jim Cain
Members

Re: Van Weights can any body help

Postby ukbvd » November 22nd, 2009, 7:19 am

Thanks For Your help on that :D So On That basis i reckon this van is almost a classic smart name for OLD
ukbvd
Members

Return to General