Swift Talk Forums HERE

Searching for a fully automatic digital tv aerial

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Searching for a fully automatic digital tv aerial

Postby sc_williams50 » February 13th, 2010, 3:32 pm

Anyone out there give us any advice on what is the best fully automatic tv antenna for our Swift Sundance motorhome. We are willing to spend about £1500 and would like one that can access all british channels as well as the ability to search for german satellites. The problem is we want it fitted as well. We live in South Wales and most of the sites on line would mean we would have to travel considerable distances.

Sue and Will :?
sc_williams50
Members

Re: Searching for a fully automatic digital tv aerial

Postby Giles » February 17th, 2010, 11:32 am

Your choice will depend on whether you wish to use the dish outside the UK and, if so, where. Areas such as the south of France and Spain need a much larger dish to get UK channels. If you only intend to use it in the UK then I’d go for an enclosed dome type as these are much neater and not affected by high winds.

I’m not aware of any installers in South Wales so be prepared to travel. You should be able to find someone who can turn it round for you during the day whilst you go off and do something else.
Giles
Members

Re: Searching for a fully automatic digital tv aerial

Postby cls » February 28th, 2010, 10:03 pm

The range of domes manufactured by Camos are excellent and all have been slashed in price by Roadpro.
http://www.roadpro.co.uk/

Mark
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
cls
Members

Return to General