Swift Talk Forums HERE

Water filter....

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Water filter....

Postby trailertrash » February 14th, 2010, 10:04 am

We have a Corniche [1993] with on board water tank. I havent been able to find the water filter and would like to replace it for the new season. Can anyone tell me where its located pleae? It doesnt show in the book.

TT
trailertrash
Members

Re: Water filter....

Postby charles » February 14th, 2010, 11:15 am

Swift stopped fitting water filters at the end of 1993. I do know for a fact there were none on 1994 vans. If you do have a factory fitted filter it will be a Carver Crystal type and incorporated into the water inlet. The cartridge is cylindrical and screws in from the outside (see pic).

If you don't have a filter, and want to fit one, consider fitting and in-line type (e.g. Whale)in the vertical cold pipe to the kitchen sink. That way you only filter the water you need to and it's easy to drain down for frost protection.
Attachments
carver_crystal_filter.png
Carver Crystal filter
carver_crystal_filter.png (4.34 KiB) Viewed 4145 times
charles
Members

Postby trailertrash » February 16th, 2010, 9:46 am

Thanks Charles. There is no filter as your example shows. Thats the type I've been used to till we changed to this van.
I'll probably have to fit one somewhere. I dont understand why they stopped fitting a basic water filter!

TT
trailertrash
Members

Postby charles » February 17th, 2010, 9:17 am

I believe Swift stopped fitting this type of water filter because of its susceptibility to frost damage if left in place during cold weather. If a filter burts it can release thousands of tiny particles of charcoal into the water system. One reason I suggested you might like to fit an in-line filter to the vertical pipe feeding the kitchen tap is that it is relatively easy to drain down, thereby protecting it against frost damage. I have used this type of filter for many years without a problem.
charles
Members

Return to General