Swift Talk Forums HERE

WARRANTY ISSUES

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

WARRANTY ISSUES

Postby STERUTH!! » July 16th, 2009, 5:54 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum, though have had a Swift Charisma from new for the last 4 years, and have recently upgraded to a Challenger 570. Have had problems with both the alarm and the control panel, and wondered if anyone else had? All the electrical components are made by Nordelectrica, an Italian company, and the dealer tells me there have been lots of faults with this manufacturers equipment.
What surprised me is that Swift would not sanction the components being replaced. Instead I had to take the van to the dealer to send the faulty components away to be re-worked. On contacting Swift, they (eventually) responded with what I considered to be an unsatisfactory response, and my follow up e-mail met with no response at all!
It is indeed unfortunate as what I consider to be a first rate product is being let down by poor cheap components and indifferent aftersales.
What is your experience?
STERUTH!!

Re: WARRANTY ISSUES

Postby TheSwiftGroup » July 17th, 2009, 2:50 pm

Hi Steruth,

Firstly, I am sorry to hear about your issues and the lack of response from Swift. Any warranty claim must be submitted by your dealer, and I am not aware of any control panel faults that need the panel to be reworked, as the main components (either the PCB or LCD) are not fixable items, they simply need replacing. The same applies to the alarm, but in both cases, it may depend on the exact issue.

If you want me to look into your issues, please drop me an e-mail with you chassis number and name.

Thanks,

Ash
technicalsupport@swiftleisure.co.uk
TheSwiftGroup
Members

Return to General