Swift Talk Forums HERE

Awning Size for a Signature 16/2 (like challenger 460)

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Awning Size for a Signature 16/2 (like challenger 460)

Postby Jan » August 18th, 2007, 5:34 pm

Hello I wonder if someone can help with Awning size please. We have purchased a 2001 Signature 16/2. I have been told it is the same as the Challenger 460. It came with a Bradcot awning size 900 This seems to be a bit on the large size. :? Does anyone use a slightly smaller size on their van at all please and if so what size? We also find that we have no specifications in the handbook are they available at all. We want to know the correct tyre pressure, etc
Many thaks :) Jan
Jan
Members

Re: Awning Size for a Signature 16/2 (like challenger 460)

Postby ted hughes » August 19th, 2007, 9:34 pm

My info says the correct awning size is 893 cm so yours may be 7cm (just inder 3 inches) too long. Personally I don't think it's enough to worry about and there may be some pitch situations where the extra length is an advantage. Better too long than too short.

Tyre pressures etc. are given in the service booklet not the owners manual. If you don't have the service booklet ring Swift on 01482 847332 and ask for the Customer Service dept.. They will have all the info for your van.
ted hughes
Members

Re: Awning Size for a Signature 16/2 (like challenger 460)

Postby Jan » September 27th, 2007, 6:45 pm

Many thanks for your help Ted
Jan
Members

Return to Technical