Swift Talk Forums HERE

Swift MD

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Swift MD

Postby peacemaker » June 9th, 2008, 9:47 am

Hi All,
Could anyone tell me who the MD of Swift Caravans is? I need to write a letter of complaint :(

Thanks.
peacemaker
Members

Re: Swift MD

Postby carabiker » June 9th, 2008, 11:29 am

Hi peacemaker

swift Group caravans
Peter Smith CEO and the owner

I suggest you write to Kath in the first instance
Kath Powell kpowell@swiftleisure.co.uk
Lynsey Customer Service

Sorry do not know what your complaint is

Please remember your deal / purchase / complaint is with the caravan dealer not Swift
Its up to the dealer to resolve any problems even if he has to approach Swift Group to get clearance / advice to resolve the issue
Dependent on the issue ie poor dealer support / warrant ask Kath Powell for advice and help to resolve the issue

Regards
Dave
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Postby peacemaker » June 9th, 2008, 11:42 am

Thanks Dave. Trouble is the problems with our caravan which was bought from new last November are so numerous that we are backwards and forwards to the dealer all the time and its now getting silly and we just don't have the time to keep doing it. I'm not sure what we're going to do but I think we may end up having to take some kind of legal action :(
peacemaker
Members

Postby carabiker » June 9th, 2008, 2:21 pm

Hi

E-mail Kath and politely out line the problems, if you dates and details all the better keep it factual If you love the van and layout and general quality say so

Ask Kath if she can offer advice / help
of the record seems like the Dealer is not up to much, crap customer service

Kath MAY intervene and kick the dealers ( any word that suits ) may also offer to get the van put right at another dealer or some other solution

One of the Issue,s that Peter Smith is looking into is the dealership standards poor customer service he,s had feed back from various forms on this topic

They do listen to the punters ( sorry purchaser,s ) hence the new spec vans just revealed better security shocker etc

Please keep me posted as to to progress
Dave

carabiker
Members

Postby peacemaker » June 9th, 2008, 2:52 pm

Thanks Dave, will do. I emailed Kath the letter I was going to send to Peter Smith and have asked her advice on what we should do next. To be fair(ish) to the dealer, he is kind of sorting out most of the problems, but we are still getting major problems with the van each time we go out on a trip. The latest is that we can't get hot water with gas, only when we are on a site to electric. We also had major problems with the fridge on gas which took 4 trips back to the dealer. Its just one thing after another and we're worried about how we'll cope with all these things if they keep happening after the warranty runs out. And to be honest, you don't expect a new van to have as many problems as we've had/are having.
peacemaker
Members

Postby carabiker » June 9th, 2008, 4:54 pm

Hi
I understand a bit more
Swift where very good at providing tech info to me while awaiting delivery

On collection of the van the Stoves cooker glass lid looked warped hinge problem to be sorted by Stoves
what a sager spread over a 2 month,s

Day 1 wait in for engineer to inspect and repair cooker lid -- when down 2 days later lid up in one front corner so not fixed
day 2 wait in all day, another engineer Huffed and puffed recommend new glass top

Day 3 wait in all day for delivery of glass top

day 4 wait in all day engineer to fit new top , then @~: about with the hinge orders new cooker

day 5 wait in all day engineer turns up at 3 oclock to install cooker cooker not delivered arrives at 4-15 pm

day 6 wait until 10 am no word from stoves or engineer rang Stoves customer service NO engineer booked for visit Phone red hot Engineer arrives swop's the cooker and tests

Day 7 wait in all day for the old / faulty cooker to be collected

Good job I am retired or I would have lost 7 day's holiday

Other than that van Ok only problem was the Muppet (me ) getting my head around all the new high tech computer controls and on board water tank valves

Dave

carabiker
Members

Return to General