Swift Talk Forums HERE

squeaky bathroom floor

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

squeaky bathroom floor

Postby paul » June 18th, 2008, 8:46 pm

How many more people have a 2008 Swift group caravan with rear bathroom (new large shower) that has now developed an ominously squeaky bathroom floor?
Paul.
paul
Members

Re: squeaky bathroom floor

Postby carabiker » June 27th, 2008, 9:31 pm

Hi Paul

We have the conqueror 630 2008 and yes the floor is squeaky
Just returned from a 2 week holiday and found the shower great

I have not had a good look at the problem but have noticed that the shower base only touches the floor in curtain parts and the is a gap in the remainder so as the floor flex's , the areas that touch the floor, chatters the plastic shower base ? possibly

Looked at the fitted timber units doe's not seam to be any problem ie loose fittings
I intend to ring Swift customer services on Monday or e-mail Kath Powell

I intend to go round all the bath room and seal up all the joints before the steam starts to penetrate

also noticed the 2 top corners of the bed head a getting bowed another issue to mention in the e-mail / phone call

And the wife is still looking for a bowl that fits correctly in the Smev kitchen sink

Dave
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Postby carabiker » July 27th, 2008, 10:33 pm

Hi paul

Got this replay from Kath at swift

Hi David

Sorry for the delay in my response.

We have seen this problem on a couple of vans. We believe the issue is that the screen is rubbing on the tray, it may have been

Check to see if it is . The screen either needs to be moved or a packer pushing inbetween the two.

Are you a do-it-yourselfer or will you take it to your dealer?

Regards
Kath

To solve the problem (this weekend )

I removed the 2 screws securing the screen uo right post
The problem lies with the 2 -25mm ish blobs of plastic in the shower base that touch the clear plastic screen at about !/3 from each end

I fitted a soft "U" section of white rubber to the screen at the point of the shower tray Blobs and tacked them in position with contact adhesive

Cured the problem

Seams as the shower tray goes up and down then the floor flexes the base it rubs on the screen vertically

Dave
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Postby paul » August 6th, 2008, 8:46 pm

Thanks for the responses. The cause of the problem lies in the size of the new extra large shower - there is less support on the bathroom floor because of the size of the shower tray, which results in the bathroom floor "over flexing" when you walk on it. This in turn causes the shower tray to flex with the floor and because the horizontal shower tray and vertical shower screen are not designed to move against each other it results in the 2 pieces of plastic (i.e the tray and vertical screen) squeaking. The fix is to put something between the lugs of the shower tray where they touch the screen. Different dealers have used soft plastic door closures or small pieces of flat plastic sheet to good effect.
I think most 2008 Swift group caravan owners would happily swap this extra large shower for the smaller round shower from the previous years model and have a decent size wardrobe back in the space that was there before this new shower was fitted.....and of course a silent bathroom floor. I wonder if Swift are listeninig?
Paul.
paul
Members

Return to Technical