Swift Talk Forums HERE

Swift Corniche Swift Positions

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Swift Corniche Swift Positions

Postby gjgj » June 29th, 2008, 3:44 pm

We have recently bought a 1994 Swift Corniche with an on board water tank we have used the van sucessfully , however there is a switch for pump low down by the heater switch offside lower part of seating panel and also switch on the mains module.

Question should the pump switch on the module be in the on position always and the switch lower down by the heater switch be off and only switched on when i need to fill on board tank from the Aqua Roll ?Or is it the other way round as in when the on board tank shows full do i then turn module pump switch off and just use the lower switch situated against the offside lower part of seating panel.

And finally the switch on the module marked van when on site using elec hook up should this be in the van position permantly or in the car position ? Also should the charger switch be in the on position all the time or only until the battery is fully charged and then should i switch the car/van switch to car?

Any help would be appreciated

gjgj
gjgj
Members

Re: Swift Corniche Swift Positions

Postby charles » June 29th, 2008, 9:09 pm

The pump switch is probably for the external pump and therefore should only be on when that pump is sitting in an aquaroll of water and you need to fill the onboard tank. Alternatively if you (can) isolate the onboard tank then you can operate as if you didn't have one if you leave this switch on.

The car/van switch on these models should be left in the van position for normal use. It simply determines where the 12 volts comes from if the mains charger is not on.
charles
Members

Re: Swift Corniche Swift Positions

Postby gjgj » June 29th, 2008, 10:27 pm

Ok thanks for that i take it i only leave the charger switch on until battery is charged then i turn off ?
I think i was running with both pump switches on as the overflow from the under slung tank was dripping with water probably overfilling the tank. Also the water was coming from the hot water taps very hot is this due because i have been leaving the heater switch on the module, do you only leave on for a limited period ,appreciate your help on this.

Thanks
gjgj
gjgj
Members

Return to Technical