Swift Talk Forums HERE

Kontiki swift

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Kontiki swift

Postby mark2008 » July 19th, 2008, 10:02 am

Hi everybody a newbie here,

I was wondering if anybody here could give me some advice on the price im likely to pay for a rather old kontiki swift please, it is a 1990 model with 63k miles, fairly good service history (cambelt just changed) (2.5diesel ) only 3 owners from new , bodywork is very good condition, so is floor/chassis structure etc, comes with fridge cooker, shower, (dont they all?) its just im new to all this, new ones cost a fortune and i thought if i bought an oldish one to start with and its not for us, then we havnt lost much money. I cant believe they hold their value so well, even for ones over 10 years old! I know a price is always difficult to judge when nobody here can see the actual vehicle but a ball park figure anybody please, even a max figure, just so i know im not paying over the odds, i havnt put the figure im paying as i dont want to influence the quotes, plus as im new, the replies might embarras me by saying HOW MUCH!! ha ha.
Is their any recurrent problems i should be looking out for on these models, i think the manufacturer is fiat, ive looked at that many and our head is in bits, so please guys any info would be most appreciated.
thanks mark
mark2008
Members

Re: Kontiki swift

Postby mitzi662 » July 25th, 2008, 10:33 am

:D Hi,When we were looking for a good second hand m'home a few years back we also found that the Kontiki's held their prices VERY well.I don't expect things have changed that much and I would expect to have to pay between £14,500 and up to £20,000+ dependant on condition,mileage and also where you are in UK.Scotland tends to be a little less expensive than down south.The only problem I have ever read about with the older Fiat based Kontiki's is something to do with the battery and acid spillage causing corrosion on the chassis rails.I don't remember the details ,it was an article in a m'home magazine that I came across when we were hunting for our van and that just stuck in my mind.Hope this is of some help and the very best of good luck to you
mitzi662
Members

Re: Kontiki swift

Postby mark2008 » July 25th, 2008, 1:41 pm

Hi Mitzi,
thanks for your reply and advice, yes I was surprised at how well they all kept their prices too, we,ll have to check on the areas of concern.

The price would seem somewhat of a bargain as it is much much cheaper than them prices, obviously more newer ones are in that price bracket.

It would seem that whatever we buy, newish or older, they seem very popular and would hope that it would easily resell as every one we have looked at in the classifieds or ebay, they all seem to generate a good deal of interest.

Thanks again for your reply
mark2008
Members

Return to General