Swift Talk Forums HERE

Capri freshwater tank drain

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

Capri freshwater tank drain

Postby KenH » August 17th, 2008, 8:31 pm

Hi, new on the site, hope someone can help. Just got the Capri 520 registered 12/91. Does anyone out there know what is missing on this one. All there appears to be is an open drain pipe from the freshwater tank which of course means any water put in comes straight out, it looks as if there is a thread internally. Does a drain tap screw into it, if so where can I get one, accessory shops can't help. To test the system I've plugged it with a cork but obviously it can't go on the road like that. Appreciate any help.

Ken H
KenH
Members

Re: Capri freshwater tank drain

Postby carabiker » August 18th, 2008, 10:50 am

Hi Ken

try this company C.A.K. http://www.caktanks.co.uk

Dave
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Postby KenH » August 20th, 2008, 8:23 pm

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately CAK Tanks coud'nt help but were very helpful and tried thier best, neither could Swift customer care. The answer may be of use to others. I invested in every tap of every sort that B & Q had in the knowledge I could take them back for a refund. Lo and behold a 15mm in line washing machine tap screwed in like a dream and is 100% watertight.

KenH
KenH
Members

Postby carabiker » August 21st, 2008, 2:09 pm

Hi Ken

Glad you go sorted

All the best

Dave
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker