Swift Talk Forums HERE

On board water tanks ????

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

On board water tanks ????

Postby perinam68 » March 26th, 2009, 4:49 pm

Hello there everyone , I have a bit of a problem. We have just bought a Swift Conqueror 640 Sal , this is a 2000 model , registered in 2001,L shaped front & bench back. The thing thats bugging me is there is (according to the previous owner) an onboard water tank for the cold water . The previous owner even show me how to check the level, using the battery meter (& it showed 3/4 full) but I can't seem to find one :?
I have took the drain plug out of the hot water system & there was nothing coming out .
Yet the van seems to be front heavy, I thought the tank would be at the front due to the meter showing 3/4 full .
Can anyone shed some light on this please .

Cheers!!!!
I love to Tinker I do !
perinam68
Members

Re: On board water tanks ????

Postby perinam68 » March 27th, 2009, 1:31 pm

FOUND IT !!!
Now all we need to do is find out how to empty it :?
I love to Tinker I do !
perinam68
Members

Postby Jim Cain » March 27th, 2009, 6:30 pm

There should be a ribbed hose and plastic tap underneath the van, probably on the offside. The hose will come through a hole in the chassis and be secured to the underside of the van floor with Terry clips. Some models (1999 year I think) did not have a drain and had to be emptied by means of the pump.
Jim Cain
Members

Postby perinam68 » March 29th, 2009, 2:55 pm

Jim Cain wrote:There should be a ribbed hose and plastic tap underneath the van, probably on the offside. The hose will come through a hole in the chassis and be secured to the underside of the van floor with Terry clips. Some models (1999 year I think) did not have a drain and had to be emptied by means of the pump.

Yes you are right, , there is also a stubby pipe near this one too , it has a red stopper in it & sticks out of the floor about 3 inches or so, any ideas on that one .
I turned on the drain pipe & got a cup full out yet the tank still sounds full when I tap it , but the water level meter is now not moving at all .
I'll have to have a tinker when I'm down there next .

Thanks alot :D
I love to Tinker I do !
perinam68
Members

Postby Jim Cain » April 1st, 2009, 5:16 pm

The stubby pipe with the stopper is for draining the cold water pipe to prevent against frost damage. The underslung tank is insulated so you are probably tapping the insulation.
Jim Cain
Members

Return to General