Swift Talk Forums HERE

PMS7 power module wiring?

This forum is now closed to new posts but remains here as a source of information. New actictivity has transferred to the Swift Talk forums (see link above).

The views expressed here are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily those of the Club.

PMS7 power module wiring?

Postby Alspringer » March 24th, 2009, 1:37 pm

Looking for wiring information, for a Swift Challenger 500se 1996, recent fault in power supply, Plugin Systems PMS7. switches replaced but the paper on which I had drawn the plug connections has gone? So heres the Question does anyone know where the three flying leads from the back of the module go? All male spade connectors RED, Black and Green cable and the four wires from the harness, 2xBrown and Green, 2x Brown and Blue, 1x Purple and Yellow and 1x RED all with felmale connectors.
Tried to get the information from Swift, unfortunately there information does go back that far! Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Alan :oops:
Alspringer
Members

Re: PMS7 power module wiring?

Postby Baldogle » March 25th, 2009, 4:58 pm

My circuit diagram has been copied on a machine with `Parkinsons`, but if you can use a copy (my `van is 97, but I am assured that main features are identical0 then I will supply via email. the purple/yellow seems to feed the water pump, brown/green is a fused feed from the 12s green wire, and on and on---.
Baldogle
Members

Postby Giles » March 26th, 2009, 11:31 am

I have an old copy of the 1996 Challenger wiring diagram. Not sure if it's any better than yours Baldogle but I've attached it anyway so that it may be of use to others.
Attachments
1996 Challenger electrics.pdf
(142.25 KiB) Downloaded 1010 times
Giles
Members

Postby Baldogle » March 26th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Definitely a better copy than mine, so I am glad not to have exposed my blurred edition to a critical audience. I have taken this opportunity to destroy and replace and thank you Giles :D
Baldogle
Members

Postby Alspringer » March 26th, 2009, 9:05 pm

Thanks guys, but what I really want is WHERE do the RED, BLACK and GREEN male connection ended cable go to (from the back of the power module) and then theres the question of the RED cable female ended connection fit? There is also a black relay mounted on the rear of the module could the Red connector go on this ??????????? :( ) Help!!!!!!
Alan
Alspringer
Members

Postby carabiker » March 27th, 2009, 9:12 am

Hi

I can not help directly with your problem try the following links to obtain the info

Plug In SystemsGrange Park Lane, Willerby, East Yorkshire, HU10 6EQTel: 01482 659309   E-mail: retail@cec-plug-in.co.uk
www.bonus-group.co.uk
www.caravanelectrical.com.

Barry 12 volt http://www.freewebs.com/12voltsdc/zigmanuals.htm

Gary Arc systems http://www.arcsystems.biz/

Andy Spacey tech director Swift group aspacey@swiftleisure.co.uk
United Kingdom

Subject FAO Ash (tech guy at Swift ) enquiry@swiftgroup.co.uk
hope this helps
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Postby Giles » March 27th, 2009, 7:18 pm

If you look at the drawing I posted you will see that the only 3 way connector is for the mains input to the unit. Maybe the lead you have plugs into another lead that has dropped down out of sight somewhere. The colours are right for this to be the mains connection.

The relay on the back is the habitation relay. Looking at the drawing there is a single connector with a red/orange wire. It comes from the 12S plug. My guess is that it does indeed go the the relay.
Giles
Members

Postby Alspringer » April 2nd, 2009, 8:12 pm

Thanks to everyone who posted a suggestion. The problem was corrected through correspondnce with Ian Sargent of Sargent Electrical. So thanks every body and a special thanks to Sargents........... 8) :lol:
Alspringer
Members

Postby carabiker » April 3rd, 2009, 8:33 am

Hi Alan

Out of interest as the original power unit was a Plug in Systems PMS7.( bonus group)

How did you get Ian Sargent get involved ?
Dave
Disco TD5 Conqueror 630 2008

Dyslexic key board don't look at me
carabiker
Members

Return to Technical